𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

     A little girl with dirty auburn hair and emerald eyes braced herself as a large, towering adult walked closer with a torch in his hand. He brought the fire closer until it touched her left eye. He laughed as she screamed in pain. Blood ran down her cheeks, staining her torn clothing. Walking away, he put out the fire, and shut the door, leaving her in a musty, dark room. She had to leave, get away from this place soon...

      When she finally woke from troubled sleep, a glowing object was beside her. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she realized that it was a vision. Laying next to it was the brass key the scary man used to lock the door. She silently grabbed the vision and the key, and crawled slowly to the door. As quietly as she could, she unlocked it, and crept out. She stole a thick coat, careful not to wake him.

     She was trudged through the snow, wearing nothing but a ragged fur cloak. Lifting up her hand to shield her face from the snow, she saw the hazy, vague shape of a house. After a while of trying not to collapse, she reached the door. She stepped inside and was met with dry, dusty firewood. She picked the lightest pieces and carried them outside. Using her vision, she lit the wood on fire and shivered, rubbing her hands together. Wrapping the coat tighter, she closed her eyes and tried to sleep. First thing in the morning, she would get to the nearest town...

𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓

     Walking into the busy town, she walked down the bustling streets. Vendors and traders were in every corner, loudly calling and trying to attract customers. She knew that she had no money, and if she wanted food, she would have to beg or steal.

     Snatching a piece of bread, she tried to slip away into the darkness, but a rough hand grabbed her arm. It belonged to a tall man wearing a black mask, and several of his companions were behind him. Yanking her arm free, she ran behind the alleyway, but they were catching up to her. Using her vision, she light a piece of wood on fire and threw it at them. One of them merely brushed it away, and it landed on the snow, putting it out. Pulling out a dagger she had stolen from a blacksmith, she slowed down, and almost stabbed black-mask in the shoulder as he passed by. One of them caught her and gripped her arm tightly, and called out to the leader. "Boss, I got her. Should we bring her to the Tsaritsa? She is only a child, after all, but she has potential." The tall man nodded, and they brought her to Zapolyarny Palace.

𝐙𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐘

     A beautiful woman with a glacier cold stare sat on a majestic throne. "Why did you bring a child here?" Black-mask bowed. "Your Majesty, we found this child stealing food, and she does not seem to have any relatives close to her. She also holds a vision, and displayed quick wits as we were trying to apprehend her. May I train her?" The tall woman nodded. "Very well. She may stay here." Rising from her icy throne, she walked down the steps towards the girl. "What is your name?" Raising her head, she answered, "My name is...

"Abaddon."