16. Intentions 🔞

ok posting this chapter and then my hiatus begins lol

Both of them sat quietly on the bed, not looking at each other. They have been silent for quite a long time when Renjun realizes his motive for coming to the younger's house.

"I love you, you do know that right?" Jaemin breaks the silence.

Renjun didn't respond. 

"I know what's going on in your life, Haechan told me you were struggling and... your parents..." An obvious sigh was heard from the elder. Flashbacks of the traumatizing scenery went by his mind, picturing his mother being so upset and his stepdad punishing him for being this way.

Broken? He thought. He's broken.

"I never knew I could you know, fall in love with a stranger from my school who one day suddenly hand jobbed me" Renjun sarcastically chuckles.

Jaemin turns his face towards Renjun. "So you're saying..."

"I'm a disgrace for myself, I ruined it. I ruined the life that my parents wants me to be,"

"What the fuck, Renjun. I didn't run away from the fucking big city to here just to see you degrading yourself and not be proud of your achievements?!"

Renjun seems confused.

"Graduated with honours, scholarships from multiple big companies and banks, you're going to continue A-Level on Chemistry AND arts?! AS A HOBBY?? You're insanely amazing and crazy, Huang Renjun," 

"And that's your parents' fault for not acknowledging that. Especially your stepdad! Does he think being the way that you are is a curse? I've been keeping an eye on him since the day I came to your house-"

"you came to my house?" Renjun cuts in and quickly wipes his tears.

"...kinda. I wanted to give you the last goodbye but..."

Renjun's eyes widen. He questions his stepdad's attitude before he came out and told him everything. Maybe it was because of the unfortunate meeting with Jaemin?

"He kicked me. Not physically you know- I was going to tell you but he threatened me..."

"Aren't you a mafia boss or something? What's with that, Mr Strong Boy?" 

Jaemin wouldn't take any risks if it involves Renjun's safety. That's why he left silently. Everyone except Renjun knows about his suspension. "He's...willing to hold you hostage? I couldn't remember it well..." 

Now Renjun really hates his stepdad.

"I...never told you about my parents haven't I?" Jaemin softly smiles, restraining to shed a tear. "It's kinda similar to yours..."

"My dad..."

No way.

"Your dad..."

"Na Jaemin... your dad is my dad's secretary?!" Renjun's head becomes so full it's going to explode. "I was in my dad's car the day your dad came with the divorce papers..."

"My poor mother..."

The room became quiet again. Renjun went closer to Jaemin and hugged him. Whimpers could be heard from the younger.

This is the first time Renjun heard Jaemin actually crying. His heart drops, feeling guilty and shocked.

"It was hard for me too. My mom was suffering and fighting cancer during that time. I... I was a child. I feel so lost and my dad was so pressuring me into going with him..."

At this point, Jaemin is just bawling out words while crying endlessly in Renjun's arms.

"She's not here anymore..."