𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                             "You got me wishing I was dead

                             'Cause you're a meanie head"

                             ╚ ——————————————— ╝

        [ 20th December , 1976 ]

The annual winter ball at Fawley Manor always saw to excessive extravagance , liquid crystals draped across the curtains of velveteen ; chandeliers crafted with the finest of diamonds - the light protruding the varnished gems and dividing into a halo of multi-coloured rays gathering in a circle upon the floor of marble ; and just about the most miniscule of details such as a door gilded in gold , or a vase stitched from sapphire.

As duty it was , the Fawleys were obligated to invite each pure-blood family - despite their personal likeness to one , or a general distaste of another. This development saw to the attendance of most pure-blood families , both light and dark families - for the Fawleys were themselves a neutral family and had extended invitation to both of the former as part of a duty. Who knew what rumours would sprawl up the emerald grapevine if the Fawley family slipped up even once , or forgot to invite anyone whatsoever ?

Following this unspoken rule between the Sacred Twenty-Eight , as well as a well-found fear of being the scandal of the month - Amaya found herself in the same place as the Potter and Black family , albeit , Sirius was not in attendance for he obviously had no wish to be under the same roof as his parents.

Tipping a glass of firewhiskey to her rosebud lips , Amaya felt a burning sensation down her throat. Shaking it away without much concern , she turned to look for her sister , who had conveniently disappeared from by her side although it had been only ten minutes since the Shafiq family had arrived - she was of age afterall , according to the wizarding world , and she could consume alcohol - although she had done it before during Slytherin house parties. 

Her eyes shifted through the sea of numerous people clad in exorbitant robes and gowns , murmurs and laughter echoing throughout the room. The crowd was gathered in circles , each conversing in their group - discussing either politics , quidditch or arranging possible alliances via marriage. Amaya rolled her eyes , continuing to observe the adults with boredom. 

At this point , she had given up on looking for her sister - who was quite obviously enjoying herself , judging by how she was dancing with the Abbot heir , cheeks tainted dianthus. Amaya's lips curled upwards ever so slightly - when she found Andromeda and Narcissa striding towards her.

"Don't tell me Bellatrix is here , I love her , but she doesn't seem to hold the same regard for me", Amaya drawled - knowing that it would not offend either of the two. Andy chuckled , shaking her head , brushing her amber-hued gown.