Danger

Your cousin...will she be joining us in Batangas or we'll just be meeting her here? Noel asked after some time.

Her name's Janet, Jake replied, and yes, she's coming with us in Batangas

Good, I'll take off at the first exit, I just need to take care of some things and check on Amy's place. You need something there?

None that I can think of Amy replied, she was not really living in her condo in Pasay, just somewhere to crash when she needed to go to the City but she kept it vacant. She did not want it rented as it was her personal escape. Noel used it more than hers.

If Jake was not certain of his place in Amy's heart or he'd heard Noel talked like that to Amy before they cleared things out, he'd be seeing blood by the way Noel's words told him he had access to Amy's place. He still has his misgivings but that was his possessiveness speaking. With the way he felt for Amy, he'd be jealous even with her own brother if he didn't manage it.

I'll send you the time and coordinates we'll be meeting with Martinez, you can come alone or take a man, doesn't matter, he told Jake then slowed down to the side and turn to Simon Replace me here, I need to crash, I've been awake before sunrise. Wake me up when I'm near my drop off.

Noel slept at the rear side, Dante replaced Simon at the passenger side while Simon took the wheel. As the travel took at least fifteen hours, they still have eight hours to enter the expressway and if traffic's heavy as Janet said, it will take another hour in addition even if they take the alternate route she suggested. Amy also leaned her head on Jake's shoulder and dozed off. Jake took the time to do the necessary patch to where Janet pointed to him while the cousins in front talked in soft voices on their local dialect. Jake didn't mind even if he didn't understand most of what they were saying. And he doubted they were talking about him or Amy. He once tried to learn Amy's dialect having heard her and Sally talked with it but there were things he needed to focus on and thinking about Amy already occupied most of his time he didn't need another reminder or time to question himself if he did the right thing of letting her go. He hadn't thought that one night they had together would result in a child and what a fool he had been for thinking it won't. His hand went to Amy even if he was focused on his laptop, his lips went to kiss her forehead without thinking, like his psyche needed her touch to calm him.

When he was done with the patch, he found himself staring at Amy's fingers. Particularly her ring finger. When he felt Amy stirred and straightened, he knew there and then that he couldn't wait for Karen to send him the ring he had requested at the party earlier. He asked, Amy will you marry me? I know, I don't deserve you and I was selfish and stupid that I don't think I will ever make up for those years but now I'm here, I would like very much to spend the rest of my days with you...and AJ and her request for sisters and brothers, if you'll take me.

Are you actually proposing here inside a moving van? Amy asked when she could find her voice

Oh well, I thought I could wait until I had the proper ring but you are already wearing my ring since you were sixteen and

I don't want another ring

I was already married to you in my mind and even if it killed me when I thought you had already moved on and found someone else, I only wished your happiness Jake continued as if she did not interrupt but I was stupid as I said but now I don't think I will live if you're in love with someone else other than me. Will you marry me?

I had not moved on and you had never been stupid

If you say so

You don't believe me