1 step forward, 3 steps back - p.js

"Yes, uhm bye..." "See you around I guess" he said hanging up. I called him on the phone today just to ask him how he was. All I did was speak normally somehow I still struck a nerve.

"You got me fucked up in the head, Lee Sangmin" I said to myself. I've never doubted myself so much. "Like, was I pretty enough? Was I fun enough?"

"I was the love of his life until I make him mad. Did he love me, want me, hate me? I don't understand"

"No, did I say something wrong? Going over everything I said, did I do something wrong? Maybe this is all your fault"

"Miss? Are you ok? You've been standing here for almost an hour talking to yourself" "Oh really? I'm sorry" "I couldn't help to listen, are you really doing fine? I uhm... Can see your mark on your cheek"

"Oh- I thought I covered it before going out..." "Here... You don't have to tell me what happened" he said giving me a mask to cover the new scar on my left cheek "Thank you... Kay right? From section E when we were in high school" "It's Jay and uhm sorry but I don't remember your name" he said scratching the back of his neck.

"It's ok, I was a nobody in high school while you were one of the popular guys hahaha I'm Hong Suah, I was in section C" "Wait- The Hong Suah?! Oh man! You had a massive glow up!" "Really? Thanks hahaha Wait, how do you even know me?" "I don't know if you remember, it seems like you don't, but we worked together in a stand during a festival in our first year"

"Wait! But the kid I worked with was Jongseong?" "Jay is my English name, Jongseong is the Korean one. Halfway through the first year I went back in the States and when I came back somehow I became more popular and I started using Jay more" "Oh~ No wonder I've never seen 'Jongseong' again"

"Ok no I can't keep this facade... Suah... Actually, I recognized you immediately and I exactly know why you got that scar there. This is why we stopped hanging out with him at the time, we found out that he hurts his girlfriends. We tried to get him to stop but that dude is a total psycho. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you from him. I should've warned you long ago"

"Jay... Why would you protect me? We've never been close or whatever... You did nothing wrong. I knew he was no good but I still fell for him" "Hong Suah, I failed to protect you because I promised myself that if I never get to confess to you, I'd still be there to make sure you're happy cuz your happiness is also mine. Yes, I've liked you for years now"

"Jongseong... You've liked... Me?"