First day!

Wednesday 29, 2021

Hi! It's me, Shadow! Welcome to uh.... Welcome to Meeting the Author. Obviously, I've told you my name. Well, Not my real name but you don't get that. Uh, thanks for uh, viewing my stuff, and uh... yeah. Not really sure how to talk to 0 viewers with 0 story. I mean, I have story. Almost 4 full chapters to be exact, and a rough idea of the full beginning to end. But uh... that's not up yet. I guess that uh... I should probably do that. 

I do wanna remind the 0 percent of the world that's reading the book that it's subject to change significantly as time goes on. I don't know how it'll work, or how this little community of 0 friends I have is gonna work, but yea. Thanks for pitching in, and... yeah... I'll get to work now.

Actually, coming back to this, I do have some stuff to talk about. 

I do actually play the yugioh card game, even though I'm not very up to date on the competitive part of things. I do enjoy when old cards get their own archetypes, or get retrains, or what have you, simply because it gives them more art. Like Aqua Madoor, getting its Glacial retrain. 

The two decks, and two of my favorite monsters have to be Red-Eyes Black Dragon, and Jinzo. Jinzo was always one of my favorites, simply because of his appearance, and his incredibly simple name. Jinzo. Like, what's there not to love about it? And while these two are signature cards of Joey Wheeler's (along with Time Wizard), and I am a huge fan of him, he's not THE reason I like them. Red-Eyes represents potential, and that I can cope with a lot more than "destiny" for Yugi, and "Prickism (I mean Power)" for Kaiba. my fight's always been an uphill one, and I've had my demons. But Red-Eyes serves to me, I guess, as an underdog's name. and I'd rather take the hard way up, than the easy way out. 

I also play Six Samurai, and I am very prideful about it. I was given cards from my older brother and parents, and Six Samurai was the only Archetype I had enough cards of at the time to make a deck. It was also the first deck that I didn't have anybody's help with. I created a rather devastating deck at the time, by myself, with no one's help. And it only got stronger. I was originally at my the pinnacle before the Spirit Warriors pack was released, and once it was, I just got stronger. I was there when Rhongo was free from the Forbidden list, along with M-X Saber Invoker, and to be honest, that right there, that little few month era where I reigned on top, is why I love Six Samurai. That little bit of pride, of coming from literally scraps of cards, to being a huge champion in several yugioh servers. I'd even nicknamed myself the Sensei of the Six Samurai at one point. But that was a long time ago. Yet, it still holds a dear place in my heart. 

Along with those, I play Magistus/Invoked, Charmers, I've dabbled in Dark Magician, and Magician Girls (separately and together), Blue-Eyes, Code Talker,  Ice Barrier, Psyframe, Formerly Shaddoll Invoked (i like Aleister, okay?), Superheavy Samurai, Ninjas, Ghostricks, Destruction Sword, Qliphort, and Relinquished.

Shaddoll/Invoked, Magistus/Invoked, Destruction Sword, and Code Talker I began playing solely because of this story. I previously had shaddoll invoked because it was the best partner with invoked while it didn't have enough to make its own deck. 

Superheavy Samurai I accidentally ran into looking for Six Samurai cards. Partially that, and Mr. Tichamon's video of Superheavy Samurai 101. 

Ninjas I got into early into yugioh, because it was Ninjas, and Six Samurai. I ended up dropping the deck because it played very control based, and I just... can't. I play aggressive. 

Blue-Eyes I actually began playing in spite of another Blue-Eyes player. They created a Blue-Eyes deck, and i looked over it, since they asked me for help. And it was terrible. Very terrible. I built a very functional blue-eyes deck that was more consistent, and more simplified. Kicked his ass three times. 

Ice Barrier i wanted to play for the longest time just because it looked cool (no pun intended), and when the structure deck came out for it, I couldn't help but buy it. 

Psyframe I also got into because of Mr. Tichamon. For some reason it doesn't work in my hands, but I digress. 

Relinquished was a monster that I always used to cheese games nonstop in GOAT format. It was just, so, fun. 

Dark Magician and Magician Girl I learned to play at two separate times. I had a deck based around Dark Sage, which opened the gateway to an actual Dark Magician deck. Magician Girls were for a personal OC, but I ended up creating what I called a "TnS" deck, meaning Teacher and Student. It wasn't the best, but it was pretty good in its own way. At least it was consistent, and that's hard for Dark Magician decks. 

Ghostricks I got into because it was one of the easier Win Condition decks to use. or at least, understand how it works. it wasn't necessarily the best, but I liked the concept of chibi ghost girl turning into this absolute nightmare the more materials she had on. 

Charmers I played because it was cute. I also had every Familiar Possessed monster before they got a real archetype, and when they did get a full fledged deck, I was extremely excited, and bought three structure decks, and three for a friend of mine. 

Lastly, Qliphort. This is a tribute to a good friend of mine. We bonded over yugioh, and he was my greatest friend. He played Fluffals, Qliphort, and Cyber Dragons. I learned how to play qliphort because it seemed like fun. If you ever get ahold of this, buddy, your old timey amigo misses you!

Anyways, yea. That's my basic yugioh history and deck choice.