Chapter 1

"Meeeee,"calls Molly.

Molly was almost two years old but struggled with saying 15 year old Mia's name. Molly was upset because she dropped her coloring book.

Mia replied with a sigh and said, "One minute."
She picked up the coloring book and set it in front of Molly who preceded to throw her crayons, but was stopped by Mia. Mia had 4 other siblings. She was the oldest, than their was 7 year old Michael, 5 year old Olivia, 4 year old Jillian and then, 3 year old Mathew. Her life was quite hectic considering the fact that she had to take care of five siblings. Her parents would always leave on business trips and leave her in charge.(which she hated) while her friends were off in Hawaii, she was stuck at home taking care of her siblings.

"Hey Mia," Michael asked, "Can David come over?"
"No." answered the agitated Mia.
But why not?" He asked.

She answered him with a because and shut up about the matter. The doorbell rang and Mia opened the door and saw a wide eyed boy named David looking up at her. She told him that Michael couldn't play and closed the door. Michael grinned and Mia said nothing. Later that night when everyone was in bed, Mia sat back and watched some T.V.. She thought to herself about all the things her friends were doing. This made her feel hollow and empty inside. Suddenly the doorbell rang, and Mia swiftly ran to the door cautiously looking out the window. She saw no one, but a envelope tied up with a red ribbon. She slowly approached the door and grabbed the letter off the welcome mat. She opened the letter which contained a small rusty key. She was alarmed and quickly closed the door and sat on the couch wondering what in the world it meant.