Chapter 7

Alex woke up early, he was filled with a mixture of nerves and excitement. Today was the day he would meet his parents. What will they be like? Will they be happy to see him? He was getting more and more nervous by the minute. Alex made his way downstairs for breakfast even though he didn't plan on eating anything.

"Morning! You excited?" Sam seemed to exude enough excitement for both of them.
"I'm more nervous than excited to be honest. What if they don't like me?" Alex worried.
"Don't worry about it, of course they'll like you! Don't be silly and get something to eat." Alex smiled, "Are you going to make a habit of calling me stupid? Or silly? We all know I'm the smartest person in the room so let's put a stop to that nonsense shall we?" The boys laughed.
"Alright smart arse, have some breakfast will you, I'll put the kettle on." Sam got two mugs ready while the kettle boiled.

"So I was thinking we can just chill in the garden or something before you go, since you're going to be gone for like a week or something." Sam said over his shoulder.
"Yeah sounds cool." Alex said not really paying attention to the conversation.
"Hey I thought I told you not to worry?" Sam handed Alex his mug. "I know Sam, come on then let's go outside and try to relax until Mary gets here."
"Sounds like a plan." The boys clinked their mugs and made their way out to the garden.

The boys had a lovely day relaxing in the garden, drinking tea and chatting. Alex randomly spilling out lots of facts just to try and keep calm. The time flew by and Mary was there before they knew it. Simon brought her out into the garden to speak to them. She was wearing another white skirt suit but this one was slightly different, Alex noticed that she must be fond of the colour white.

"Alexander, Sam, nice to see you again. Have you thought about coming back with me?" Mary asked, and Alex couldn't help but notice a level of uncertainty in her voice.
"Oh yeah he's really excited aren't you Alex!" Sam chimed in throwing his arm around him with a large grin.
"Yes I'm quite excited." He said trying to wriggle out from Sam's arm so they didn't look silly in front of Mary, but they ended up in a little fun fight which ended up doing what he was trying to avoid in the first place. Mary waited awkwardly til they were done before she spoke, "And you are okay with your friend Sam staying behind?" They looked at each other and nodded, "He can handle himself, you probably won't even notice I'm gone will you Sam?" They laughed, "Na probs not." Sam joked and hit Alex's arm.
"Well I'll just sign the paperwork with Simon and then we'll be off if you want to go get your things." Mary smiled sweetly as the boys went upstairs to get Alex's bags. After quickly getting the bags and coming back down, Mary had signed the papers and was ready to go. Seeing the boys wanting to have a decent goodbye she said she'd wait in the car.

"Right, well you best be off then." Sam smiled to Alex. Nodding towards the car outside.
"Yeah." Alex couldn't help feeling sad.
"Alex it's only going to be a week, text me everything! Do you even know where you are going?" Sam asked trying to cheer him up and make a joke.
"Somewhere in the country." Alex stared at the ground and acknowledged that he better get going now. The boys exchanged an awkward hug and both agreed never to do it again before Alex got in the car with Mary. As they drove away Alex suddenly began to get excited. This is his first time on a road trip and he is about to meet his parents.