Chapter IV

She always lived alone. Since she got dumped in the Underground, she never relied on anybody besides herself. She got her little apartment, if you could call it that. A room with a bed and a little kitchen. Spending her days on the run, doing little jobs for the Underground 's vultures. Stealing. Hurting. Surviving.

She was coming home from yet another job when she felt it. A predator stare in her back, his heavy breathing and his poor attempt to slip silently behind her. She turned immediately, seeing his tall figure at the end of the alley. It all happened so fast. The talking, the touching. The screaming. The killing. She felt out of her body while the blade was penetrating his. She screamed and she cursed at him while the knife covered them both in blood. When she finally let it fall on the ground, it seemed all life had drained itself out of her. She got up, tried to put back what was left of her clothes and walked away.

" Y/N ?"

She heard her name in a daze, like her mind was under water. She felt a hand on her forearm, a soft touch.

"Y/N ??"

The voice felt more insistant, maybe even louder a bit? The touch grew heavier, starting to shake her arm. She shot up her head, seeing her friend but not really seeing him. God she felt so exhausted.

"Y/N what the fuck you're scaring me!"

"What is going on with her? Y/N snap out of it!"

She looked at the tall brunette guy, his usually funny grin replaced with a concern look in his face.

"Uh? Oh.. yeah Jean, what?"

"You're scaring the shit out of Eren and I don't want to say I agree with him, but you're starting to scare me too."

"Oh sorry guys I'm.. Sorry I'm just so tired."

She looked at Eren, whose hand still hadn't move and she gave him a sorry smile. He seemed to understand, although she knew he didn't. She was absolutely terrified. Terrified of what was going to happen in 15 minutes. Terrified of what her Captain wanted with her. But above all, she was terrified of how she was feeling. Excited.

"You should go to bed after diner." Eren squeezed her arm a bit. "You're gonna be a training tomorrow right?" She tried to ignore Mikasa's burning stare.

"Yes, I will be there to kick your ass, as always." She winked at her friend. He let out a small chuckle and took back his hand.

She smiled at everyone, got up and went to wash her dishes. She turned around and made her way to the exit. That's when she saw him. Laying lazily on the wall, arms crossed with is bored face as usual. But something in his eyes made her skin tingle. She stopped, paralyzed by the heat she felt in her stomach. She gulped loudly and started to walk again. She walked pass him, but she knew he would follow, which he did. She walked for what seems like hours until she was in front of his door, letting a space so he could come in front of her to open the door.

But he didn't. Oh no. He snaked an arm behind her, his body pressed against hers, his soft breath on her ear. He grabbed the handle and with a low, almost feral voice, he said "I've been waiting for you".

—————————————————
A little chapter for today, get ready for a steamy chapter next 😮‍💨