Number three

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you doing? Just drop it on the ledge." Manny told Sid and threw the baby up.

"Shouldn't we make sure they found him?"

"Good idea." Manny nodded and grabbed Sid around the neck. 

"No, no, no, please no. Wait. Wait. Ahhhhh." Manny threw Sid up like the baby before, making me laugh shortly. These two.

"Don't spear me. Ohh, this is a problem." Hearing this, Manny walk up to see what's the sloth talking about with me sitting on his tusk.

"Now what? Aww, that's perfect." He whinned in annoyance when our brown eyes landed on destroyed camp with no trace of humans. Jumping down to walk on my own, the three of us go separatedly to scan this place.

I walked over to where the baby is and found him hugging something that looked like where he sleeps. He looked up at me, then behind me, so I took quick glance behind me to know Manny is the one behind me. Suddenly the baby straightened up and fell back into the basket. And of course the tiger followed us, standing on the baby's bed. 

"I told you they were gone." He said like he just prove he's 10x smarter than the three of us together. 

"Well, look who it is. Don't you have some poor animal to disembowel?" Sarcasm dripped from Manny's tongue.

"I mean, you got tasty one right here, so..." A glare is thrown from me at the maliciously smirking tiger, my ear twitching in irritation. Yes, make the smallest one your prey, you prick

"Don't even think about it. I don't have enough meat to fill hungry stomach anyway, you know?" He leaned down to match my eye level.

"Well, we won't know until we try, now will we?" I pull my knife at him, his face too close for my liking.

"They couldn't be far. I mean, they went this way, or this way?" Our attention grabbed murmuring to himself Sid, walking around the four of us.

"You don't know much about tracking, do you?" He picked up a stick and snapped it in half. 

"I'm a sloth. I see a tree, eat a leaf. That's my tracking." 

"You didn't miss them by much. It's still green. They headed north two hours ago." The tiger examined small piece of wood in his paw, looking up fromt it at Manny. 

"'They headed north two hours ago'." Sid put two sticks in his mouth as saber-teeth and mocked Diego with funny voice. Giggling, I joined Sid with the mocking.

"'You don't know much about tracking'. blah, blah~" Suddenly I'm pinned to the ground by large paw on my fluffy chest, the tiger pressing on me in way I'm almost unable to move.

"You should watch what's rolling down your tongue, little weasel, before someone decides to bite it off." Oh, he's playing intimidating now. That's funny.  

"Shut up and get off of me, kitten." He bare his razor teeth at me in annoyed growl, and yes, I did hiss back. It didn't really make him shiver in fear, but I'm 100% sure it took him by surprise. In the end, I don't tend to threaten someone any other way than with my knife, even that is uncommon for me. 

"Feisty little thing you are. I like that." What is also uncommon for me is getting flustered, only the fur on my face covering my actually heated up cheeks. Smug bastard. He's one hell of flirt. At least he finally got off of me.

The baby laughed and fell back from the basket on wood, which threw a fish on Manny's forehead. The sight and Manny's finished face forced snort leave my throat, followed with more giggling. It died down and replaced with yelp as soon as trunk wrapped around my tail and lifted me upside down.

"Hey, put me down!" I shouted with irritation. It didn't take long till my head began hurting from the blood rush. 

"Scared of small height, little weasel?" Diego once again teased, one side of his mouth lifted in mocking smirk.

"Not scared but dizzy, idiot. Blood rush into my head too fast like this. Now put me down, Manny." This time the mammoth listened, I guess only because I feel sick like this.

"You don't need this aggravation. Give me the baby. I can track humans down a lot faster than you." Diego went back to theme about baby and humans, trying to talk Manny into giving him the baby. Not happening

"And you're just a good citizen helping out, right?" Manny didn't give in of course and pulled the baby back to him with his trunk.

"I just know where the humans are going." Diego pulled it back.

"Glacier Pass. Everybody knows they have a settlement on the other side." Manny again pulled the baby to him. 

"Unless you know how to track, you'll never reach them before snow closes the pass. Which should be, like, tomorrow. So, you can give that baby to me, or go get lost in a blizzard. It's your choice." Diego said in a little too sure tone, thinking he's about to be handed what he wants. Manny picked up the baby and handed him to Sid over Diego's head. HA!  

"Here's your little bundle of joy. We're returning it to the humans." Manny told us, making it settled. My hand covers my mouth, snickering behind my hand at the angered look Diego's sending Sid's way. 

"Ohh, the big bad tigey-wigey gets left behind. Poor tigey-wigey." Sid mocked Diego in 'baby' voice, causing me to giggle at that. I'm so gonna use that.

"Sid, tigey-wigey is gonna lead the way." The smile disappeared from my lips quickier than snap of fingers when Manny said this, Diego smirking at both me and Sid maliciously.

"Nope. Nuh uh. No. Not an option." I shook my head, not ready to be someone's dinner, or breakfast, or lunch.

"I'm sorry, Rose, but you'll have to get used to him for the time being." I deadpanned at Manny.

"I prefer stick through heart than sleeping with him around." It's quiet, muttered under my breath as my shoulders slump.

"Eheh, Manny, can I talk to you for a second?" Sid ran up to us with the baby.

"No. The sooner we find the humans, the sooner I get rid of Mr Stinky Drool-Face, And the baby, too." Pfft. Good one, Manny.

Diego walked around us, his hot breath on my back sending chills down my spine. Prick.

"You won't always have Jumbo around to protect you. And when that day comes. I suggest you watch your back, cause I'll be chewing on it." Maybe I know Sid only for a day but I don't like when the tiger threatens my friends, so I pulled out my knife, aiming at his face.

"In your case, make sure to watch your back all the time, because I know there's something stinky about you and I'm gonna watch you." The sharp tip pressed against his nose, yet it wasn't me who moved.

"Don't check me out too much, little weasel. Rather pray you won't become a dinner." Gritting my teeth, I snarled. That audacity! 

"Hey, uber-tracker. Up font, where I can see you." Manny is the one that snapped us from our glaring contest and Diego left to lead the way while I jumped on Manny's tusk, burning holes into the back of Diego's head.

This tiger will be my death.