Part 1

I looked in the mirror, "hm, I feel like I'm missing something..". I was, I was missing my hat. I shrug it off then walk out my house. I walked to the marketplace, which was more of a market road but anyways, I went to the baker who's stand wasn't that far. On my way there a man no shorter then 6'0 stopped me. Well I don't know if you could call it 'stopped' because he ran into me. I was shorter than him but not by much. However I am like a wet noodle so I ended up falling. He looked down at me from his book then pushed his glasses up before saying "Oh, sorry sir." He held his hand out for me to take it and I did. 

He helped me up and once again apologized. "Its whatever just watch where your going" I said before going back to walking to the bakers stand. Once I got there the baker who was a tall man with, blue eyes, strawberry blond hair, had dark skin, and was surprisingly fit. He smiled warmly at me. "Kai!!" I laughed a bit as he quickly pulled me into a tight hug. He let go of me as I said "hey, Mike I just came for something-"            "sweet?" he said interrupting me. I nodded 'he really knows me'. He chuckles a bit "knew it", he then picks a muffin up from a metal tray and handed it to me. I took it and took a bite of it, it was so sweet and just over all the best muffin I had ever had. He looked pleased with the starstruck expression that I probably had. I looked at him "perfect as always!"

I took out a couple coins out my satchel and handed them to him. I ate the rest of the muffin quickly as he put the coins in his already full jar. He chuckled a bit and cupped my cheek as he wiped off a crumb I had on my lip. I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks as I looked at him. He grinned then pulled his hand away "you're such a messy eater" and just like that the moment was ruined, well not really but still. "Thhaannkksss" I said sarcastically as I lightly punched him in the arm. He chuckled and ruffled my hair "you should get going, these goods aren't gonna sell themselves"

"Oh, yeah I'll catch you later then!" I said as I walked away. I made my way to a book store where I bought a book that had a hard dark green cover, the name 'The secret beholder' in gold letters on the spine, and I won't lie it was a weird name but I bought it anyways. I walked to the woods and after a couple minutes of walking I came to a ladder that lead to the inside of a tree house. It had a roof which was almost like an attic, the floor creaked from age but it was completely safe, the dark paint had started to chip from the walls, and it was decorated with some lanterns which were all turned off. 

I sat down beside the boy who only looked at me for a split second before going back to his book. "Hey little dude, whatcha reading?" he sighed for a split second as I asked. He then mumbled "a book", sarcastic yet true. I stood up not wanting to bother him to much. I set the book beside him then took the small bag of coins that was tied with a neat bow and set them down beside him. I then walked back to the ladder "take care kid" I then climbed down the ladder, I walked back out the woods. I knew he could take care of himself and wouldn't accept my help even if I offered it, which I have, but I can't help but to feel bad for the kid.

Being abandoned at such a young age? What an awful fate, he doesn't even know any of his family's name or what they look like. He doesn't talk much but when he does talk its always sarcastic or sad, I've never received a thank you for what I do but I just hope that he knows that he isn't alone. He isn't a bad kid, he is just guarded.. and he has every right to be. His parents left him in the market place with nothing but a book. He found my old tree house and when I went to go tear the old thing down I found him. I offered him a place in my home but he declined, so I fixed up the tree house and made it a livable place for the kid. Ever since then I've been doing my best to help the poor kid out.