Chapter II

Everything went from black to fuzzy as Y/N slowly began to open her eyes and gain consciousness. The room became almost completely clear but not quite. Her eyes widened at the unfamiliar scene and panic began to set in. It was a large, elegant bedroom; she didn't recognize the room at all and she sat up quickly which made a heartbeat pound in her head. She reached her hand up to the source of the pain and sucked in a harsh breath.

"Hey, you really shouldn't sit up that quick." A voice announced from beside her.

She jumped at the abrupt presence and looked next to her on the bed to see a man. Oh my god. It was the man from The Muse, who sang. He was wearing a robe and was holding some sheet music. She stared at him confused and shocked. "Uh, how did- what um happened? How did I get here?" She continued holding her head and turned to face the man.

"Well, uh, it looked like you fell and I couldn't just leave you in the street, so I brought you here, this is my house. More like a vacation home I guess." He looked back toward the sheet music unbothered.

"Fell?" Y/N whispered to herself. "W-where are my phone and keys an-and my purse?" She glanced around the room and floor.

"On the nightstand." He simply replied.

She peered next to her to see all of her belongings on the bedside table. "Thank you."

"Yeah, it's no problem." He answered and lifted a glass to his lips.

"You're the guy from The Muse right?" She inquired.

"You like the performance?" He asked wanting her opinion, disregarding her question.

"Uh, yeah, yeah you guys were great." She was telling the truth, she loved it.

"You've never been to P-town have you?" He changed the subject.

How did everyone know? "No, never. One of my friends suggested I come up here to help with my writer's block, I've been working on a story I can't quite seem to finish." She laughed nervously.

"Yeah, that won't last long and neither will you if you keep walking around alone at night." He made a mark on one of the papers.

Y/N leaned over toward the man to look at the paper he was holding. She scanned over the notes and closed her eyes. She could hear the song play in her head and hummed quietly, following the music. She opened her eyes and stared up at the man, "that's beautiful."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "you can imagine it?"

She exhaled a small laugh, "yeah, I just kinda read over the notes and play it in my head." She shrugged.

He adjusted his posture intrigued, "how? Do you imagine like an instrument playing it?"

"A piano. I used to get lessons from my grandma and read sheet music, so I know what the notes sound like on a piano." She answered.

A smile crept up on his stubble-scattered face, "you said writer's block. I thought you were a writer not a musician."

"Well I'm not a musician, I mainly write but I'm an artist in my free time, occasionally sell some charcoal portraits." She elaborated.

His eyes seemed to sparkle with interest, "wow."

Y/N turned her attention back to the paper in his firm hand. In the top left corner were words, "Austin Sommers". She raised her eyebrows with excitement, "this is a piece by Austin Sommers? I don't remember this one. Wow, you have taste, he's amazing." She smiled up at the man.

He remained confused for a moment before finding amusement in the situation and he smiled. "Are you serious?" He waited for the punchline.

Y/N cocked her head, "what? Yeah he's like the most talented artist like ever." She said like it was obvious.

He started laughing and covered his mouth in shock. He scoffed and then turned to the clueless woman, "Honey, I am Austin Sommers."

She smiled for a moment thinking he was joking but then her face fell and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" She laughed.

He raised his eyebrows waiting for her to realize.

She looked away from him and tried to process his words. Him? Really? No way. "Really?" She said looking back toward him.

He just nodded watching for it to click in her mind.

"I-I'm sorry, I've always imagined him to be much older, he's so wise and innovative." She spoke.

"I'm not sure if that's a complement... or..." He said confused.

"No, no sir. I didn't mean it like that. You're just so creative and brilliant, I love your work." She placed her hand on his arm resting at his side.

He giggled a bit at the title "sir".

"I'm in Austin Sommers's bed." She said under her breath, looking down at her body under the covers.

"Huh?" He didn't hear her previous statement.

"Oh, nothing, sorry." She shook her head.

"What's your name?" He spoke up.

"Y/N." She chirped out.

"Well, Y/N, I think I have something that can help you." He offered.

"Help me?" She paid more attention.

"Hold on." He got up from the bed and walked over to the dresser directly ahead. He opened a small wooden box and retrieved a plastic bag. He joined Y/N back on the bed and opened the bag. He held a small black pill up to show her. "This is going to cure your writer's block."

"A pill?" She raised a brow.

"A pill that only works for the talented few." He added.

"What if you take it and you're not talented?" She questioned.

"Then you join your little friends that were chasing you down the street." He responded.

"The bald people?" She asked.

He nodded sympathetically. "They took the pill... but they weren't talented so they ended up brainless, pale monsters."

Y/N gulped.

"But you... I can tell you're talented, I know it." Austin spoke passionately and seemed honest.

"You-you think I'm talented? You've never read or seen anything of mine." She shook her head doubting him.

"I don't need to. You're talented, trust me." He took both of her hands in his and looked deeply into her eyes.

She slowly smiled and fought the tears that ached to be released.

"But. There is a price to pay." He started.

Y/N awaited him to continue.

"You get this... craving, hunger and you can't fight it. You must feed before you can work." He explained.

"Um, okay?" She remained utterly confused.

"You're going to have to feed on people." He stated blankly.

She blinked a few times ensuring she heard him correctly, "w-what?"

"You take the pill and in a matter of minutes, you will have this need for blood." He replied.

Her mouth fell slightly ajar and she glanced around the room pondering.

"It's a price worth paying for money, success, and fame, I promise." He longed for her eyes to meet his again and agree to his offer.

She sat in thought for a little while longer and then looked back to him. "You think I'm truly talented? I'm not gonna turn into one of those... things?" She shot him a glare.

"You are talented Y/N. You have nothing to worry about"