Familiar

Bucky's PoV:

Saying that Bucky was confused would be an understatement. He was more than confused. He was bewildered. And angry.

He had no idea who these people were and why they were there. He had no idea who this particular man with wings was or who this woman with green tattoos all over her body was.

Moreover, he wasn't sure if he was just scared or overwhelmed when he saw her body glow green, her chocolate brown hair and eyelashes turning a lush green. He would always see this green whenever he was in pain. The green made him feel warm and comforted. And he knew his mind was playing tricks on him because this woman could not be associated with that colour. When the man with wings had hit him, Bucky had started to see that green at every corner.

He landed on the ground softer than he had thought he would and he figured that must have something to do with the woman.

"What the hell?" asked Bucky, looking at the woman with wide eyes.

"I think you forgot," replied the woman. "My name is Bella. Bella Fury."

Bella got up and extended her arm. Bucky looked at it confused.

Forgot? Forgot what? He didn't exactly remember anything. It was all a blur. The woman did seem familiar but he couldn't place where from.

"Hey," said Bella softly, withdrawing her arm. She glanced sadly at him before lowering her eyes. "It is okay. You are safe now."

"Safe from what?" asked Bucky.

"Bella!" came a scream and Bucky looked up to see the man with wings running towards them. The building behind them was up in flames and exploding sounds were coming from inside.

"Is everyone out?" asked Bella, positioning herself in front of Bucky.

"Yes," said the man. "But I think the others are trying to come out."

"Oh no they won't. No one gets out. This is it for the Hydra."

A sudden feeling of panic rose within Bucky. The men inside the building were the only people Bucky knew. He knew everyone inside and he knew how all of them had been charged with accompanying him and asking him odd questions about his past which seemed non-existent to him. He had remembered something once and they had put him on a chair beneath a heavy machine that hurt his head like hell and made him want to rip out his brains from the pain of it.

But they were all he knew.

"No!" screamed Bucky, trying to get to the building. "They are all I have!"

He saw a few men running towards them from the burning building and Bucky wanted to reach them.

"No," said Bella quietly, standing in front of him.

Suddenly, Bucky felt heavy, like his legs were too weighted to lift off of the ground. He fell, trying unsuccessfully to run. He looked up to see Bella standing with her back to him, facing the building. He could see her hair which was green again. She was holding something that looked like a shield but it was transparent and greenish.

The men coming towards them fell and one of them looked at Bucky.

"You traitor," he said, struggling to move. "Hydra should never have saved your life! You should have died in that ravine, your rotting flesh feasted on by fishes."

A big crack suddenly appeared in the ground beneath the man and he fell into it, screaming horribly. Bucky saw Bella look back at him, her eyes were wet but they were glowing green. There was an odd expression in her eyes, like she was brimming with anger, teeming with a cauldron full of vengeance. Smoke seemed to rise from the crack into which the man had dropped.