Chapter Two: 48 Hours

I wake up the next morning tangled up in the sheets with my legs tangled up with Mahone's

"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit." I quickly back off untangling myself and falling on the floor.

I see Mahone grab his gun quickly pointing it at no one in particular.

"Mahone, out of the room." I pull the sheet and wrap it around me.

I could see how Mahone's features were changing. Like he wanted to say something but he did not dare.

"Yes ma'am." He pulls his clothes on and leaves the room.

I run my hand across my face thinking about what I have just done.

Or what I have done last night.

I slept with my bodyguard. Who has been with me for seven years now.

This better not get weird.

I quickly shower and slip on a comfortable hoodie with some yoga pants, making sure I dry my hair and tie it up into a ponytail.

I head downstairs and I barely hear any noises.

"Matteo?" I call out, waiting for a response.

Nothing.

"Mahone?"

Also nothing.

"Eliza?" I rush to the kitchen to see if my cook is there.

Rushing there, i hold the side of the door to hold my balance and I see her doing the dishes.

"Eliza, where is everyone?" I ask her as I grab a cup of water.

"They are all downstairs, Ms. Lorenzo." She responds after closing the tap.

"Do you know why?" I gulp down the water quickly, ready to race downstairs to the cellars.

"No...but there were voices outside on the back, before going downstairs."

"Thank you." I smile at her and speed walk to the cellars.

Guarding the door was Diego.

"Let me in." I glare at him for not informing me about this.

"Boss, we have a ...well...little problem." His brown eyes pierce through mine, giving me the signal that someone dangerous must be there.

"Give me a name."

"Alessio Romano." He says a bit quietly.

"Oh ho ho. That is exactly who I want to see. Move please." Diego opens the door for me and I let myself  walk towards the noises.

"Mahone! Matteo! Don't you lay a finger in him." I say as I show up to the scene.

"But..." Matteo begins while he was loosening his tie.