Chapter Fourteen

"Yoongi-hyung, your turn. Truth or dare?" Jimin grins.

"Truth," Yoongi answers confidently.

Initially Yoongi was skeptical to play the game as he doesn't know the two really at all but Jimin and Hoseok talked he and a less reluctant Jungkook into it.

He's surprised that he finds it's actually been fun as well as a pretty good icebreaker for the four of them.

The most recent dares have included Yoongi having to fit as many cotton balls as he could into his mouth in thirty seconds– which was quite mild considering the other dares included Jimin stripping down to his underwear and running to the garbage chute and back while Jungkook had to eat the box of takeout Hoseok had stored in the back of his fridge which had been there for an undisclosed amount of time.

(It was supposed to have been stir fry, but it was practically unrecognizable.)

On Hoseok's last turn when he chose dare, Jungkook tasked him to get on Instagram and like five of his most recent hook-up's posts.

That was kind of awkward because, well, apparently that was Jimin.

It was only awkward for a moment though because upon seeing Jimin and Hoseok's faces turn a fierce shade of fire engine red when Hoseok shared that detail, Jungkook bursted into loud laughter which made Yoongi crack up as well.

Then they'd all started laughing, Jungkook teasing the two while Yoongi giggled along beside him.

As the dares were beginning to become a bit less exciting, requiring more effort to come up with anything interesting, they'd all transitioned into picking Truth.

Now it was Yoongi's turn to share a Truth and Jimin's turn to ask.

"Okay," he smiles rubbing his hands together like he's cooking up a real juicy question.

"Have you ever been in love?"

"Oh come on Jiminnie," Hoseok squawks. "That's a dumb question."

"Why's that a dumb question? Not everyone has."

"He has an ex-boyfriend, hyung," Jungkook rolls his eyes teasingly. "Of course he has."

As the three begin going back and forth Yoongi sits by quietly, tuning them out for the most part as he thinks about the question.

Fully sober Yoongi would hesitate to answer. Wouldn't want to talk about something so personal with practical strangers, but Yoongi isn't fully sober so his filter is out of commission for now.

So, he answers honestly, cutting them all off.

"I don't think so."

As soon as the words leave his mouth the room becomes so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Everyone in the circle, excluding Yoongi, are stealing fleeting glances, silently asking each other what the fuck and who wants to ask the follow up question to that bomb of a confession.

Ultimately, it's wordlessly decided that Jimin will ask the follow up question since it was his truth he'd asked.

"What do you mean I don't think so?"

Yoongi sighs, nibbling his bottom lip.

He's siting on the floor across the coffee table and the couch, Jungkook on the floor next to him while Jimin and Hoseok are sat across the table, also on the floor.

Yoongi brings his knees up to his chest, propping his chin on his forearms as they rest on top of them as thinks of how to answer.

Jungkook can see he's hesitant as he contemplates what to say and is about to tell Yoongi he doesn't have to elaborate if he doesn't want to, but Yoongi speaks again before he can.