29

"you should at least have five small meals every day, this will help to stop you from fainting." Mrs violet stresses the point for like the 4th time this past half an hour.

Sarah robotically nodded her head up and down as if she was listening and understood her mother's advice, but in reality, her mind was someplace else, her attention completely on the boy that stood beside the door frame, although she did not once let it seem like she acknowledged his presence.

she disliked how every time they came close to having a proper conversation, Blake leaves or some else enters, she also disliked how she was the only one who wants to have that conversation. she understands that he was not the kind of person to talk about his feelings but she had enough of trying alone. she decided to ignore him until and unless he came to her, she was petty that way.

" well get some omega supplements they help with normal func- ms Sarah violet you are not even listening to me" her mother expresses, angered by her daughter's lack of attention and care towards herself.

"I have known the world better than you, I've lived here 27 years more than you, so you better don't ignore my words lady"

this made blake snicker.

Mrs violets face whitened with fear as if she just now become aware of Blakes presence in the room. One can't blame her, simply being in the company of carter was quite nerve-wracking.

Sarah noticed the quick change in her mother's demeanour and clasped her mother's hand soothingly rubbing her thumb on the back of the hand.

"no I'm listening, I too think. I should take some supplements."  Sarah's spoke in a soft, comforting voice.

Now this time her mother was the one not listening, she was busy thinking about the infatuation the carter boy had for her daughter, even the taught of him near her daughter was enough to make her tremble. The worst part is being aware of the fact that she and her husband wouldn't be able to help their daughter even if they wanted to.

Maybe they could run away?

Or just send Sarah away, and deal with the consequences?

Her cerebration was halted when Mr Violet silently stepped into the room, he scans the room and his eyes fall of blake, who was already looking at him. The two males intently stared at one for a few moments before the elder eventually gave up.

He cleared his throat and continued
" Gather your stuff. I've completed all the formalities, so we can now leave." he declares.

Sarah lets a contented sigh and proceeds to get off of the bed, her bare feet touching the surface. She looks at Blake who was already on his feet.

" allow me to drop you at your house."

Mr Violet raised his brows in distaste, he didn't want to be in the same car as blake carter and began to decline

" oh no, that wouldn't be necessary, we don't want to trouble -"

" please I insist... Sir" his tone assertive but respectful.

----------

The car ride to their house was an awkward one, no words were exchanged. There was no mystery as to how Blake knew exactly which turn to make. He periodically glanced at Sarah who was sitting in the back along with her mother.

Sarah had her arms wrapped around herself, internally scolded herself for not wearing a jacket.

She tried not to make eye contact with blake through the mirror, while blake on the hand couldn't care to hide it, he was blatantly staring at Sarah every moment he possibly could.

The silence in the car was disturbed by Blakes phone going off. He received the call from Philip and pressed his phone next to his ear with freehand.

" We successfully hijacked the motherfucking boat delivering shipmen-"

The voice on the other side boomed in the car through the speakers, his phone was connected to the car's speaker.

Blake could swear he never moved this fast in his whole, entire life, he instantly switched off the car's Bluetooth system.

" I.. I'll call you back.." his voice stammering

This was the very first time Sarah saw blake in such a state, nervous and his voice breaking, his natural strong demeanour faltering, she giggled to herself.

Meanwhile, Mr Violet on the front was left completely repulsed by what he just witnessed, he wondered if could call the authorities on him, but it wouldn't help if they were in on it, which they mostly were. He was itching to get out of this car, away from Blake.

Blake stopped the vehicle right in front of their house, the dreadful fifteen minutes drive finally coming to an end, the violet family was out of the car almost instantly.

The married couple made their way into the house, while Sarah stood there awkwardly, contemplating whether to keep walking or to thank him.

She walked over to the driver side window, her eyes met with Blake's.

"Thank you for dro -"

He rested his hand on her nape, his fingers curled softly in her neck and slowly pulled her towards himself, she let him. The second his gentle lips brushed against her own, she smiled against his lips, giving into his touch. Blakes's hand tightens as he pulls her into himself further.

He pulls away, much to her disappointment.

"How are you feeling now ?" he spoke between kisses.

"I'm feeling much better now, thank you" Sarah replies breathlessly, looking up to him.

"I have to leave now, but I will pick you at 6 tomorrow, I have some things planned."

He removes his hand from around her neck, but not before brushing this thumb over her lips.

"Okay, I'll wait for you"

--------------------

Thank you for 1.91k followers 🥺🥺