Cute Boys and Horses

Chapter  1: My Old Boy, Jackson

         I can't believe he's gone. Jackson, my first horse I ever had just died. He was so sweet, faithful, loveing, and a great horse. He was a 27 year old dun mustang gelding and he could barrel race like it was nobody's business. We used to go to shows every week in fall, winter, and spring, but every day in the summer.

        Just A few weeks ago he had gotten colic at one of our shows. Yesterday he died. I'll never be able to see him again. I think about him every day at every moment. At school yesterday i did not get any work done. I only thought about Jackson. My poor old boy, Jackson.

        I'm suppose to get a new horse Monday. But, I don't think I want another horse, all I want is Jackson. But, I have to move on no matter how much I don't want too.

        This mourning I woke up expecting him  to start naing for his treats. But, all I heard was the sound of nothingness. His pasture was right next to my bedroom window, he would always come by my window and start nipping at it. Instead there was only drops of rain patting at it. When I walked outside I would be greeted by his trotting in his pasture. But all I was greeted by was day pulling the car by the house door. When we drove away he cantered beside us. Now nothing but trees followed us.

        It is so diffrent without him. I do and always miss him. He was more than my horse, he was my best friend, th only person to keep my secrets, and yes he is a person.

                                        Chapter 2: Are We There Yet        

        As soon as we got in the car my annoying little bother Steve strated asking all theses qustions.

        'Wher are we going?" he asked.

        "To Waterville to the for sale barn at Westly Ranch," Mom answered.

        "What for?" Steve asked.

        "So I can get a new horse before compositions start up again," I told him," now just shut up!"

        "Hey Rose, that is no way how you are going to talk to you brother like that," Dad told me. I desisted to shut  until we were in Orono.

            "How much longer?" I asked.

             "About 45 mins," Mom said.

             "That's to long," Steve growled.

              "Oh come on, just listen to your music, and you'll be okay," I explained to him. He put is music in the car CD slot. I hated his music. Anything to shut him up. He listen to a bunch of disney artists, I call them disney wannabes because they will never be as good as the frist disney stars.