Chapter 1:Giving In (revised)

*Meredith's Point Of View*

I heard my bedroom window open, and I immediately knew that it was my best friend Shaylee, she lives right next door to me, and often comes through my window.

I sighed and hurriedly got dressed, and walked out of my bathroom.

"Hey, hey, hey." Shaylee said energetically as she sat on my window pane.

"Heyy. You seem excited." I said, brushing my wet hair.

"I am excited!" Shaylee was smiling wide. She looked as if she just won the lottery or something.

"What's going on?" I laughed as I put my hairbrush down and sat next to her.

"I got two tickets to the Midnight Red concert!" She squealed.

I rolled my eyes. All I ever hear her talk about is some boyband called Midnight Red, she's the ultimate fangirl, and it gets kind of annoying. I don't even know who they are, but whatever.

"That's nice. I'm happy for you." I tried to act like I was ecstatic, but I really don't care about the band she's been obsessed with for a few years. But, I am happy that she gets to meet her favorite band. She's always wanted to meet them.

"It's tomorrow night in Hollywood, and I've got the special tickets, which means we get to go backstage before the show, and we get to be in the front row. Maybe if we're lucky, maybe Anthony will sweat on us." She said excitedly.

"Wait wait wait... Who is we?" I questioned, hoping she didn't mean I was going with her.

"Me and you, silly!" She said and giggles.

"No." I protested.

"Please! Mom told me I couldn't go unless you went with me. That's the reason she bought two tickets! And she gave me enough money to spend on merch, and stuff for the trip to Hollywood." She begged.

I sighed.

"You always drag me along with you on your crazy adventures, and I guess since this means so much to you, I will go." I said, not very excited about the upcoming trip.

Whenever she wants to go on some kind of trip or crazy adventure, or anything of the sort, she drags me along because I'm more mature than her, and I try to keep her from doing something stupid, if she gets herself into trouble, I find a way to get her out of it.

"But, you do realize that driving to Hollywood from San Fransisco will take five to six hours, right?" I said.

"I know. That's why we're leaving as soon as you get packed. Remember, you'll be driving the whole way because I haven't even got my permit yet." She said.

"Yay. I'm so excited." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, don't be so whiney. It's gonna be awesome. Besides, we can do some fun stuff before the concert, and we're staying the whole week." She said.

"The whole week? Did Marie tell you could do that?" I questioned.

"Of course! It's spring break, and she wants me to enjoy it."

I sighed.

"If I ask her if she gave you permission, would she say the same thing you just said?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said. "You act like you're 30 or something. Come on, Mere! You're 17, loosen up!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's just go."

-

We got the stuff packed for the trip and put it in the back of my mini van.

"I still don't know why you got a mini van. Out of all cars, you got a minivan!" She said as we got in.

"It's actually convenient for trips like this." I said. "Besides, it was the cheapest they had." I said ashamedly.

"Gosh. Let's just go."