005. red light, greenlight

"𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒 please line up, I repeat-" Nabi walked to one of the lines that were formed by the players. She started to feel weird. She still didn't know where she was, or what kind of a game this was going to be. But she hoped it would be easy.

The players were led to a weird-looking staircase. It gave Nabi huge flashbacks from the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. She just needed to spot the Oompa Loompas. Some weird classical music was playing, as they walked up the colorful stairs. This place gave Nabi the creeps.

"Hey", a voice called behind her. Nabi turned around and came face to face with a woman. She looked oddly familiar, then Nabi saw the scar. "Aren't you my mother's nurse?" Nabi asked, confused. The woman nodded, almost looking embarrassed.

"Why are you here?" Nabi asked and continued to walk, to keep the line moving. "I was going to ask the same thing", the woman muttered and peeked over her shoulder.

"Don't nurses get good pay?" Nabi questioned, as they stopped in front of some big green doors. The woman let out a laugh. "That's what I thought so too."

Nabi didn't get the chance to answer, because the large door opened. Nabi felt her stomach twist as she saw what was waiting for them. A huge field. The sand was almost too yellow to be real, and the painted sky looked oddly calming. At the end of this field was a tree, and two guards, guarding a massive doll-looking thing.

"Ew", Nabi said as she eyed the doll. It was like straight from a horror movie.

People started to gather around, looking at the field with a similar expression to Nabi's.

"All players, please wait a moment on the field." a mechanic voice said. The doors behind them closed, causing a few heads to turn.

"First game is red light, green light-"

"The children's game?" Nabi asked confused. The voice started explaining the rules of the game, which were already familiar to Nabi.
"Now let's begin!"

The doll turned around and said in a creepy singing voice ''Greenlight.''
Nabi moved a few steps forward and stopped when the doll said "Red light."

Two guys tried to be first and had run more than the rest of the players. One of the guys, the one with yellowish hair was still moving when the doll turned around.

"Moron", Nabi murmured as she stayed still. A loud bang echoed through the field and the man fell. Nabi's breath hitched.

What was that?

"Greenlight."

Everyone shifted a little. The guy's friend went to check up on his friend, with a hint of a smirk on his lips. Nabi was too far away to hear what he was saying, but it didn't matter when the guy spitted out blood. His friend flinched and lowered back. He started running away from his friend's lifeless body. When he was closer to the crowd another bang echoed through the field and the man's head had a bullet in it. The blood spread to a woman's face, who started screaming.

The next few moments were a blur to Nabi. She was knocked over by a dead body, and the screaming made her head dizzy. She could hear the endless bangs, as more and more people fell to the ground. Nabi wanted to puke. But she didn't dare to move.

"I'm gonna fucking die today", Nabi muttered, as she struggled to stay still under the dead man. The blood had dripped down to her face, making her frown in disgust.

"Don't move", a voice commanded next to her. Nabi didn't turn her head to see who it was. "When it yells green light, push yourself up from the ground." the voice continued.

Nabi closed her eyes and took a shaky breath. The doll turned around. "Greenlight."

Nabi felt a hand grabbed her arm and pull her up.