True Love

There was a poor man who could no longer provide enough food for his only son. therefore, the said "dear father, you're having such a hard time and i'm becoming such a burden that i'd prefer to go away and try to earn a living by myself." the father fave him his blessing but was greatly saddened to see him depart.

        The king of a powerful country was waging war when all this occurred, and the young man enlisted in the king's army and went out to fight. when he approached enemy territory, a battle was being fought, and there was a great deal of danger. the air was filled with bullets striking his comrades, who fell dead on all sides. when the commander as well was killed, the survivors was wanted to flee the field, but the young man stepped forward and encouraged them to keep fighting.

"We shall not let our fatherland be destroyed!" he cried out

        The others followed him as he charged forward, they defeated the enemy. when the king heard that he owed this victory to the young man alone, he promoted him above all the other, have him great treasures, and made him the most important person in his kingdom.

        The king had daughter who was very beautiful but also strange, for she had made a vow she would accept as her lord and master only man who could let himself be buried alive with her if she should die first.

"If he really loves me with all hi heart!" she said, "why would he want to continue living?"

        She was prepared to do the same in return, and if he were to die first, she would let herself be buried in the grave with him this strange vow had scared away all suitors up to that time, but the young man was so infatuated by her beauty that he did not care anything else and asked her father for her hand.

"Did you  know what you must promise?" the king asked

"I shall have to be buried alive in her grave if i survive he," the young man said. "But my love for her is so great that i don't care about the danger."

        The king gave his consent, and the wedding was celebrates with great splendor. after this couple lived happily and were contended with each other for some time. but the young queen fell serious ill, and no doctor could help her. when she is dead, the young king remembered the promise he had obliged to make, and he shuddered at the thought of being buried alive. however, there was no escape. the old king had had all the gate posted with guards, and it is impossible for his son-in-law to avoid what fate had in store for him. when the day came for the queen's body to be buried in the royal vault, he was led down into the crypt with it, and door was bolted and locked behind him.

         In the vault, next to the coffin, was a table, and on it were four candles, and four loaves of bread, and four bottles of wine as soon as the provisions were used up, the young man could perish from starvation. so there he sat, full of sorrow and grief. each day he ate just a little bit of bread and drank just swig of wine.

After a while, the young king died in starvation in the crypt together with his beloved queen.