Chapter 1

*Two Years Later*

I shifted uncomfortably in my bed and then I opened my eyes. It was sunrise, so it was time to wake up. I stood up. I share my apartment with my two friends Mae and Ariel and we go and visit Marlow everyday at low rise even though she doesn't talk.

I walked down to the first floor of the apartment and walked into the kitchen. Mae and Ariel were sitting at the table.

"What time are we going to visit Marlow today?" I asked.

"I don't know if I can go visit her today," Ariel frowned.

"Me either," Mae said.

"What? Guys we go and visit her everyday. We have never missed a day before," I complained.

"I have a job interview today and then I have to go to Chicago to pick Jake up from the airport," Mae said.

Jake is Mae's boyfriend. He is constantly travling because he has a buisness that he works for.

"Listen as much as I love Marlow, I don't think she would want us to stress over seeing her every single day," Ariel frowned.

"You can't squeeze in at least 30 minutes?" I asked.

"Not today," Ariel frowned again.

"Well looks like I'm going alone then," I sighed.

"But don't you have a date with Isaac?" Mae asked.

"Yeah, but not until tonight," I said.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and then went up to my room. I set my cup of coffee onto the counter in my bathroom and pulled out my curling iron. I plugged it in and curled my hair and then I put on some makeup.
I went to my closet and put on a pair of Jean shorts and a light blue tank top. Then I put on my white cardigan over my tank top. I slipped on a pair of black flip flops, grabbed my purse, and hopped down my stairs.

"Have you guys changed your minds about coming?" I asked.

"I can't. sorry," Ariel said.

Mae didn't say anything. She just walked away.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the apartment building. I got into my car and drove to Lowrise Insane Asylum.