Chapter III

For a mere second I thought back to my parents. Did they care I had left? Did they even know I had left the house? No and no. I focused on the boy in front of me, although the term boy didn't do him justice. Maybe his voice was a little high, but his features were well defined, established as a mans would be. He gave Sarah and hug and a huge smile, they were close. He cared about her. I wondered if anyone cared about me.
Suddenly he turned to me with the same smile he had given Sarah. As if we were old friends seeing each other for the first time in years. Carefully, he opened his arms for a hug, which I accepted. He held me like I was made of glass, afraid I would shatter in his arms, I was thankful for that. We were ushered into the house and I was soon attacked by a little girl: African American, cheeky smile, huge brown eyes that were so innocent to the bad world around here and frizzy hair pulled into small pig tails. Then a boy introduced himself to me as 'Jack'. Riley told me that was his baby sister and little brother. His siblings. His family.
I wondered what type of party my parents were throwing now that I was finally gone. After he died, they blamed me, they didn't want me. They wanted him, the better child. The perfect child. I was a mistake they said. Riley took Sarah & I to his room. Bare walls, minimum furniture but it was strangely familiar. It felt as if I had been here over and over. Like it was home.

-----------------------------

A/N I'm sorry these are so short. I'm not really sure where this is going.