Chapter I

" Here boy!" I looked from afar and raised my hand with full vigor. I stayed on my position. I stood there, knowing he would come towards where I'm standing.
" Heeey!" He waved at me. He's always energetic, full of energy when running. With his short stature, I could just squeeze him tightly in my arms.
" Mi-chaeeel!" He yelled. His voice is getting nearer and louder. I wave a hand, giving him a gesture of reply, forming a smile on my face.
" Michael...hah...ha--...how come you didn't walk towards me." He was slowly panting— holding unto his knees while catching his breath.
Staring at him, he's very small and cute at the same time. Immediately I got the urge to gently wrapped my arms around his small shoulders, hugging him tightly.
" Oh sorry Futaba, you were just so adorable running to me." I said, nudging my cheek up and down on his tousled golden brown hair.
" Wh-what's that supposed to mean, jerk?" He shook from my embrace.
" How mean, I was just kidding," I chuckled.
" You reminded me of my dog 'Aki'."
Futaba who glanced at my face averted his gaze somewhere, I saw his brows scowled a bit. He took off from my hold, creating a distance in front of me— he patted my right shoulder.
" Hey we better go back now."
" But we're having fun here. The sun is still up after all," I looked up the sky, raising both of my hands in Y-shaped.
" You know this place is beautiful and all, but I'm having a hard time not to step on these flowers. This fields has to much flowers, they're everywhere!"
" Yeah I know, that's why I especially chose this for you, Futaba," I stared at his face. Looking confused from my words, a dumb expression forms on Futaba's features.
" Wh-what are you- I'm not a girl you know. Guys like me, likes to go to arcades, not this wide looking field with flowers."
" But I thought you appreciate flowers Futaba. I saw you in class, early in the morning watering those red tulips on Hiyama sensei's home room. You were also sm--"
" Don't say it! It's embarrassing," the small Futaba feeling agitated cut my words.
" What embarrassing? You were adorable."
" Aww c'mon, now adorable? Let's leave, now!" He started walking away, making big stumps on the grass.
" W-wait up! F-five, no-- ten more minutes! Okay!?" I yelped, trying to stop him.
Pausing in seconds, Futaba turn his head to me, I saw the corners of his lips slightly curled up. As I recall that he hated me just standing waiting for him to come, I decided to go near him this time, after all he's still away from where our vehicle's parked.
" Indeed, this place is very beautiful, how'd these flowers grew like this?" Futaba asked.
" Well, people must be really working hard at the past to create such an eye-popping view," I tried to give an explanation.
" Ha-hah ha! eye-popping? What's with you man? That's hilarious!" hearing Futaba laugh beside me, made me happy. I softly placed an arm around his shoulders.
" You should laugh more Futaba, I like it when your happy," a soft smile came unto me.
" W-wo-woah! you-you should save those words to your girlfriend, not me! And how come you're being touchy-feely this day."
" What, you didn't like it?" I pouted, like a puppy drooping its ears.
" N-no!" He got flustered from my words. How cute of him to act this way. " It's just that, sometimes, your creeping me out."
" C-creepy!? Me!?" I covered my face with my palms. Futaba who flinched with my actions stared at me, didn't know what to do. I bend down on my knees,  thudding on the green grasses, cowering. I felt a slight heat coming from my back. Futaba was caressing me.
" I didn't mean it! Michael stop pouting. If there where people here, you'll be creating a scene."
" That'll not stop me, you're so not cute Futaba," I turned away from him. Seeing me crouch near the grass, Futaba kneeled with me, now we're both sitting on our hind legs.
" Michael, if you're not going to stop this childish act, I'm going to take a nap here," Futaba said while straightening his legs and crossing his arms at the back of his head. Now his laying down on the grass. I lift my head up, and stared at him— Oh how cute his face is. The way his fringe sway from the cold breeze of the wind makes me feel drowsy. I like how quiet he is now. My eyes explored his facial features and stopped on his slightly parted lips. There I stare, I didn't notice my hands are already on the ground at the side of his shoulders, my head nearing his. Woah!, I didn't know Futaba has long lashes, for a guy ー I think this looks girly. I've been with him for a long time, yet I didn't have the chance to look at his face this near.
" I could just kiss you right now...Futaba," I whispered to myself. Little did I know Futaba opened his eyes.
" Michael, what are you doing?" His words turned me back to my senses. " Are you trying to do something funny, looking at me like that."
" Uh-no! What makes you think that?" I got startled and flinched. I jumped back on my position, sitting beside Futaba.
" Your face were 'very' near at me," he turned his head on me.
" But I thought you where taking a nap," I asked, averting my gaze in the bed of flowers instead of him.
" I was, until I felt a presence near me, and I also noticed that the light was deeming— even though my eyes where closed. You were really planning something, where you, Michael?"
" N-No, you where just too adorable Futaba, that I can't stop myself from staring too much is all," I crossed my arms and also laid down on the green grass, straightening my legs too, putting the right leg on top of the other.
" If you say so," again slowly closing his eyes Futaba said.
Both of us laid there, on the soft bed of green grass, I stare at the sky, there were thousands of clouds, slowly moving. The moment was very peaceful— was very quiet and somehow dim lit. The atmosphere was also added with a slightly cold breeze of wind, sending chills on me, I don't know if Futaba feels it, since he's wearing a jacket and a scarf to boot. I averted my gaze at him, oh how comfortable he can lie here on the grass, after all, these grass feels like a bed filled with soft feathers. I begin to feel drowsy, I gently closed my eyes— forgetting everything that surrounds me...except this moment that I am with my dearest...Futaba.

" Hey."
I feel different, where am I? I'm still here on the green fields, my body shakes, who is that?
" Hey!"
Soft touch, enthusiastic movements, loud voices? 'Aki' is that you?
" Hey Michael!"
Aki is that really you, oh how I miss you so much boy, you don't know how long have I been wanting to see you.
" Michael wake up!"
What? No!, Aki where are you going? We're finally together again and now you're leaving me?
" Wake up Michael, how long do you plan to sleep here!"
Hearing a familiar voice, like a flash of light, my eyelids quickly opened— my senses came unto me, hastily I sit back up. Futaba was right in front of me, his hands where grabbing on my shoulders, flailing me.
" Wha-wh-what?!" I yelped.
" Michael! Wake up! it's night!" Futaba yelled.
" Huh?!What time is it?" Holding on my forehead, I shook my head in confusion.
" I remember we got here on 3:00pm something. That's what I saw at the time inside the car."
Pausing for a moment I said, " ...Then let's go back right now," I steadily stand up on my feet. After a few seconds of getting my head altogether, Futaba looked at me with worry in his eyes.
" You got me panicking man, it was kinda hard to woke you up. What happened? Did you hit your head, or probably dreamt about something?"
" Now that you say it...I did dreamt about something, it was like in the past... Aki was 'still' beside me," after ending my answer, I noticed how Futaba look so distant. That even though he's here right in front of me— he seemed...so far away. Did I mentioned something wrong?
Running on my thoughts, I saw his small back at my view, stretching out a hand while facing where we parked. I was astonished with his action and made me flustered for a minute—In the end I returned Futaba's hostility. We walked on the fields, carefully enough to not stumble down on the ground— while holding unto Futaba's right hand, I stare at his back without averting a single gaze.

" There's no stars tonight," snapping me out of focus, I heard Futaba said. Out of nowhere I blurted out, " Huh?"
" He-he, why am I so out of it this day," I laugh off the building nervousness inside my chest.
" Your mind's been flying pretty much, even awhile ago," I felt his hold turn into a grip all of a sudden. Quickly, I switch my view to him, his head was tuck down. Immediately after a few minutes of walking, we reach our car. I opened the door leading to the driving seat, and him at the opposite side. I plugged in my car key to start the engine, having only one thing in my mind— to speed up this awkward silence building up between us.
Under the night, I drove my car in silence, I must somehow muster up a conversation in this, what's gotten into you Futaba, you're the one who wants to go home anyway.
" Have you notice the stars tonight?" I asked, trying to build a conversation.
" There are no stars," he quickly replied on my question. Without a single thought Futaba silenced me.
I could only put my gaze upon the nightly lit road. But even though I've manage to stay quiet on my seat I felt Futaba's presence looking straight on me. What's he doing? Why won't he just talk to me instead.
" ...Futaba is there something wrong? You've been staring at me ever since we crossed that section awhile ago?"
There was only silence, as if he doesn't hear me calling his name.
" ... ...Nothing."
With just a single word he said, it made me thought that making further discussions about this matter must be unnecessary.
" It's okay Futaba, don't worry, whatever happened to me back then...is the past, I'm here with you now right?"
" ...Heh," a small chuckle I heard from him and caught a glimpse of his smile. " Here you go again, saying this words to comfort me. I always told you to save this for your future girlfriend."
" ...O-okay! I'll try to remember that."