Chapter one: The beggining.

Nothing could be heard over the roar of the angry mob that was chasing after me. I was running as fast as my teenage legs could allow, but the mob was still gaining. Just when they where about to catch me, a huge lion crashed out of the brush and roared at the mob. Yelling in fright, the leader ordered a retreat.
Panting, I leaned against the trunk of a tree. It has been like this for 4 long years. How I survived this long, I have no idea. Every time a mob was about to catch me, some creature miraculously saves my life.
It all started when I was 10. When it was my 10th birthday, strange things started happening around me; monster activity was increasing, days became shorter, but my features changed the most. My hair turned nightmare-black, with a white streak above my right ear. My eyes seemed to look into a person's soul, and the strangest part: the shadows around me moulded into a black cloak that covers most of my hair. The black cloak had no special designs, but it seemed to suck the light out of the room, and shadows seemed to cling to me as I walked. But the biggest shock was this: I no longer had a shadow.
After that, I was mostly running away from angry mobs trying to kill me. I were sick and tired of my life. I didn't even get a chance to redeem myself, and I was being chased for an unknown reason. Pulling out a dagger, I decided to end my miserable life right there.
I was just about to plunge the dagger deep into my chest, but suddenly I heard a voice in front of me.
"Halt, child of darkness." The voice was as smooth as silk and as cold as ice. "Your time has not yet come"
"Who are you?"I said defensively. I noticed that the owner was waring a silk dress that seemed be woven of the void. Her face was beautiful, but also had a cold feeling. She had a necklace of bones and her hair was up to her back. Like mine, hers is nightmare-black. But unlike mine, she had a dark blue streak.
"I am Kalazak, Goddess of the dead." She said. She looked about your age-14 maybe. "As for the reason for my visit, I have sensed your sorrow and heard your death wish. If I had my powers, I would have made a more formal approach. But alas, the light has stolen them."
"Wait, how did you know I was a child of the dark? And what do do mean by the light stealing your powers? I thought the light where the good guys!"
"Ah, but you don't know the full truth!"
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"The light has misunderstood the dark. You see, the dark stands for balance. Too much light, and chaos will reign. Without the dark keeping the light in line, all order will collapse: humans and demigods will not care for dangers. Kings would lose control because the lack of competition. Governments will fall because of the lack of punishments and many will Lose their jobs because of no hunting. And the light are getting stronger and stronger child of darkness. I will teach you your powers, but I'm afraid the light are hunting me down. After capturing me and crippling me, I escaped. Having little to no power left, I could not shield myself from the other gods. But what they don't know is that without death, people will suffer endless pain and torment. Enemies will no longer be neutralized. The light must be stopped, especially the leader Daphoea."
"Powers?" I asked, after she seemed done, "what kind of powers?"
"Are you not aware?" She actually seemed surprised." You are the son of the most powerful dark deity. You have control over shadows, the underworld, and monsters. I am fairly connected to those domains, so I will teach you. But only if you promise that you would be the warrior of the dark."
The question took me by surprise. It wasn't really often someone asked you something like that. So, I decided to think-HARD.
'Well, the light is hunting me down anyway... And maybe I could use the powers Kalazak mentioned...' I thought.
Having made my decision, I stepped foreword and nodded.
"Yes Kalazak. I accept."
As if expecting the answer, she smiled. "Good. Now come, I have set up camp. We have to get there before dark."
"Sure thing, I'm beat!"

Author's note:
Greetings, fellow writers and readers! I hope you enjoy my first story! This story was first posted on an app called 'Storycraft' and is getting lots of views. I hope the same happens here! Anyway, I will try to update as quick as possible. Until next time!