seven.

"Dude... I don't think that's a good idea." Xiaojun seriously replied after hearing what Jeno suggested.

It isn't a bad idea, he just wants to get even with Jaemin, seeing him happy with someone new makes him angry. How can he be so fine in a short period of time? He keeps thinking that maybe Jaemin made him his past time, that he was just a game he needed to play. That Jeno was a challenge Jaemin successfully finished. Thinking about it angers him more.

Besides, the new guy, Renjun, there's something about him that makes him insecure. He's gentle, and he looks nothing like him, they're the complete opposite, what if those guys are Jaemin's type all along?

"He did it first," Jeno gritted his teeth.

"But getting a revenge? Dude, that's so childish," his bestfriend muttered, sighing as he comfortably ate his popcorn, eyeing the tv show they started rewatching a few weeks back.

Jeno stayed silent. Thinking about it once again, deep down, he doesn't want to do it to get even with Jaemin. He just wants to have a reason to see him again, he kept telling himself that it was the routine—that he is already used to seeing Jaemin everyday that he gets the need to see him again but in reality, he just misses him.

He keeps telling himself that the moments they have together means something even a little for Jaemin, so he wanted to try again. He just can't admit that to Xiaojun yet.

"Are you seriously thinking about it?" Xiaojun asked and Jeno just gave him a look.

"Do you wanna play?" He asked in a worried voice, Jeno smiled a little. Playing at the pub near school has been their little escape when things get rough for any of them. Jeno plays the guitar and Xiaojun sings, Chenle— their younger friend, knew how to use the keyboard while his boyfriend— Jisung, plays drums.

"I'll give the kids a call" the shorter giggled excitedly, leaving Jeno alone on the sofa.

He kept hoping— hoping to see Jaemin hear him play.

-

And he was there. On the corner at the back, in his black leather jacket— eyes still shining despite the dim light. Jeno paced back and forth, wanting to keep the nervousness out of his body. When he looked again, he saw a shorter male approaching Jaemin.

And his heart broke, once again. He watched him smile at Renjun with the same smile he used to give Jeno when they were still together. The bright ones, the one he never gives to anyone else. He memorized all of Jaemin's smiles, the fake ones that doesn't reach his eyes are for those he doesn't know personally, the lively ones for his friends, and then this one.

"Can I sing, Xiao?" He asked and the other guys paused to look at Jeno.

"Are you okay?" They asked, worry written on their faces.

So he flashed them a smile, "Of course,"

"Mic test, mic test. Jeno—our guitarist will be performing for tonight's last song. I hope you enjoyed this night loves! We'll see you again soon!" Xiaojun introduced, earning a lot of cheers from the people, most of them are drunk already so people are more hyped. This pub is smaller than the ones found on the heart of the city— this one's a simple resto-bar.

When you were here before

Couldn't look you in the eye

You're just like an angel

Your skin makes me cry

Jeno eyed Jaemin the whole time. Please remember. He wanted to shout. Remember me, remember how you felt for me when it was just you and me. He saw how Jaemin's smile disappeared and his focus was lost, Renjun also stopped saying what he was telling the taller male when he started singing.

Please baby, remember.

Xiaojun was looking at him the whole time, he can feel it. He thinks it was pity, and he hated it, but what can he do, exactly? He got it bad. It doesn't matter how bad he was treating other people, this is the only time he wanted something so bad it wounds him.

I don't care if it hurts

I wanna have control

I want a perfect body

I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice

When I'm not around

Before the song could finish, he saw Jaemin walk out.

And it felt like he lost, for the second time around.