Chapter 4 - Treasure Hunt

The lift rose to make its way to the top of Washing inn. As Purgatory stepped off, her boots clicked against the wooden structure accompanied by two Fatui members. A table was set for her, as to no one's surprise. He wasn't here yet. Deciding to sit down, the main course was already established as the two Fatui members stood by in the wings. Helping herself, Purgatory scooped down some noodles before sipping on some wine. "Always late to the party Tartaglia. This better be worth it. I was quite enjoying my diplomatic visit to Natlan; Liyue is quite the distance."

"The nation of War would suit you now, wouldn't it, little miss Purgatory. I promise you this is well worth the time." Childe smirked, standing next to his chair overlooking the view. "I like this place, the food is nice, and the views are something to relish. It gives me time to reflect on home and my little brother."

"Stop messing around."

"Y/N is alive." Childe interrupted, still looking out.

Purgatory was left speechless, wiping her mouth slouching against the table. "You're not pulling my leg here, are ya Tartaglia? This isn't some twisted joke."

Shaking his head, he whispered the truth, making sure no one heard him. "I saw him with my own eyes. Fought him with my own hands; he hasn't changed one bit. Took out half the forest before he slipped away. He's here."

Slamming the table, she stood up furious. "You said he was dead!"

"I can be wrong sometimes, you know, little miss. That is why I summoned you here. I'm far too preoccupied working around getting the gnosis from Morax. It's slightly tricky when the bastard only appears once a year, and guess what. We missed it by a few weeks." Childe complained, adjusting his sleeve. "You will be in charge of taking down Y/N. I would do it myself, and damn, it frustrates me to hell and back. I cannot fight that guy, but I cannot blow my cover here. If the locals learned of our true intention, we can kiss that gnosis goodbye."

"I'll do it," Purgatory said without much hesitation. "If Palindrome lives, I have the right to kill the traitor."

"Splendid, I knew we could count on you. The Tsaritsa is losing their patience with you." Childe smiled sinisterly, walking away before stopping. "Is that a new vision? You were a pyro user."

"Pyro?" She questioned, looking troubled, staring at her geo vision feeling slightly empty. "No... I've always been a Geo user."

"Quite right. Must have mistaken it for one of your many delusions. I wish you the best of luck, Purgatory."

****

Walking through the harbour made me feel slightly at ease, if that was possible. Being out in the middle of the open with the public in line of sight meant I was safeish for now. It would only keep the Fatui away for now. I'm not sure how quickly the word has spread, but it's best to assume everyone knows and are waiting to strike. "I never noticed just how many Fatui lurk around this city... Just what the hell are you doing?"

I turned to see Hu Tao hiding behind pillars darting between boxes and stalls, drawing more attention than just walking normally. "Blending in. As you said, the enemy could be anywhere. So we have to be cautious."

This really isn't going to work... Shaking my head, I stopped as Hu Tao slowly left her hiding spot, standing beside me with a goofy smile. "You know I appreciate everything you've done for me. I really have, but... You like don't have to come with me, don't you have a funeral parlour to run?"

"Ahh, I can leave it in Zhongli's care. Besides, I'm not expecting anyone to die today. I believe if you are in the accompany of a citizen, these crooks will less likely attack you without having to silence the witness."