If They Met Him Earlier...

Hey! This one-shot was inspired by a comic I saw on YouTube. I love Stan and Ford interactions, and I hope I wrote them well here! (give my precious Grunkles some love!!!)

...

The Pines twins ran across Glass Shard Beach, their shoes leaving behind impressions on the wet sand.

"Come on! It's just a little bit ahead." Stan called to his brother who was breathing heavily as he tried to keep up.

"A mysterious boarded up cave? It might be filled with prehistoric fossils. Or- or Meso-American gold!" Ford said, eyes shining with excitement.

"Uh huh. Ladies first." Stan pushed Ford ahead, who childishly punched him in retaliation.

Ford pulled at a board and was surprised to see it break away, pulling down several pieces of wood along with it. "Woah!" He looked at his hand. "Splinters! I did it Stan."

"So Poindexter's brains aren't the only thing he's got, eh?" Stan nudged his twin.

"Shut up."

The twins journeyed further into the cave, looking all around with an expression of wonder. There were skeletons, mice crawling, and Ford was pretty sure he saw some sort of shiny metal hidden beneath the sand.

"Woah! Sixer, you gotta see this!" Stan yelled as he dragged his brother to the centre of the cave.

"A pirate ship? Cool!" Ford breathed out, excitement clear on his face. He stepped closer to explore the interior of the ship when he tripped over something.

"Woah! You okay there, Ford?" Stanley asked, helping him up.

"Nah, I'm good." He absently replied, brushing the sand away from the object that tripped him.

"It's a giant metal egg? Huh, that's weird. Pirates sure did have weird treasures." Stan mused.

Ford still seemed to be in deep thought. "Why would they bother with stealing iron things? I thought they were always interested in gold and gems and everything."

"Maybe they were weirdos like us." Stan moved and put an arm around Ford's shoulder. "Imagine, the Mystery Twins, sailing around the world on the Stan-O-War. We'll have adventures and travel everywhere, and it'll be us and beaches and babes!"

Ford laughed. "The Stan-O-War, huh?"

"Is that the only thing you heard from my inspirational speech on what we're gonna do when we're older?"

"I heard 'adventure' and 'sailing' and 'mystery'."

"Nerd. Now come on, help me drag the soon to be Stan-O-War outta this moldy old cave!"

...

"Ford, pass me the paint, will ya?" Stan blindly made grabby hands at the general direction where Ford sat. "Foooord!"

Said individual was engrossed in examining the metal trinket they'd found a couple of days ago.

"What are yo- ugh, it's that dumb egg again? Ford, you're obsessed." Stan slapped his forehead.

"Stan, you won't believe it! I am so close to solving this!"

"What?"

"Yesterday, I shined a blacklight torch on this thing and there were some symbols that appeared in the light. I referenced various languages, Hieroglyphics, Sanskrit, Mandarin, Greek, but nothing fit! But then I realized that it's some sort of a code and I need to crack it. I'm using an Atbash code, and I think it's working! I just need a few more minutes."

"Okay, so it's nerd stuff. Anyway, pass me the paint Sixer, I need to paint the walls inside."

Ford absently handed it over to Stan.

A few minutes passed when Ford suddenly shouted, "Stan! Stan, look!" He pointed to the piece of paper next to the metal. He rubbed his hands in glee. "Well, here goes nothing!"

Ford took in a deep breath and recited the words, "Triangulum, Entangulum. Meteforis Dominus Ventium. Meteforis Venetisarium!"

A bright blue light seemed to surround them, but vanished just as quick as it came.

"Huh? Nothing happened?" Ford muttered. "But- But that's impossible! The egg, Stanley, where's the egg?"

"It did work, Sixer! Look!" Sure enough, the hollow iron egg was split clean in two and lay in front of them. A note was left behind.

I owe you a deal, Stan Twins. See you in your dreams!
Bill.

PS: Take a look at your hand IQ, extra fingers make for a better canvas!

Stan shook his head. "Okay, so this is all a prank. Come on Ford, let's get going and woah! What the heck happened to your hand?!"

The twins stared at Ford's hand in shock. On his right palm, a picture of a turkey was scrawled on and even colored! Ford pulled up his sleeve and found another message waiting for him.

The note is real. Don't forget to eat a tube of toothpaste before bed!

"Man, that is creepy."

"Agreed."

They didn't expect to see Bill again, years later.