Prologue

A young American teen sat in a forest next to a large pond with a beach around it, bound and gagged, left to die by the hands of his enemies who laughed as they beat him for hours while he's unable to defend himself. Groups of glowing eyes watch from a distance with a great anger.

When the bullies had their fun, they tossed the broken boy into the water. As they leave, a snake slithers through the water creating silent ripples. As the boy fell to the bottom, the snake swam deep below to grab him. When she picked him up with her soft hands, she smiled and brought him onto the beach before removing his bonds and gag. She smiled before using her magic to remove the water from his his lungs.

When a sufficient amount was removed, the boy coughed up the rest. As he heaved, his eye ultimately settled on the beautiful women surrounding him. He did not display fear, only the desire for a hug. Smiling warmly, one of the lamias picked the boy up and held him close as she slithered away with her friends.

When they made it to her village, the lamia began to use her healing expertise to assist the boy's recovery. As she treated him, she saw him open his eyes to reveal their aqua hue. She saw so much pain, loss, grief, anger, hopelessness, and innocence. She gently caressed his cheek with her thumb causing him to lean toward her palm and nuzzle it before laying his cheek against it.

The lamia watched over him with a motherly warmth and made sure to comfort him as he slept. The others were quite surprised by the sudden change in her personality, but in a good way.

As the lamia slept with the young boy, she smiled and heard him say, "good night, mama."