Before the dice were rolled.

Max ran between the corridors, going from place to place. Sometimes he ran into a dead end and was forced to turn around. The place was dark, the walls dirty, damp and moldy. The most frightening thing, however, was the height of these walls, which were so high they disappeared from view, disappearing into the dark sky and full of reddish clouds.

   The air there was hot, muffled, and smelled a little rotten, a little sour, which seemed to burn the lungs. Every now and then he heard sounds coming from far away. Screaming, wailing, or the sound of footsteps, something breaking, cats meowing and others he couldn't distinguish. 

   His legs ached from running from side to side, and the lion decided to sit on the dirty and muddy floor for a while. His clothes were still painted with Leena's blood, his mane was tousled and his face was swollen from crying. 

— I have to get out of here! Damn, where do I go this time? Help! Is anyone there? - he started screaming again in the hope that someone would show up. No one came, as usual. - Why doesn't anyone answer? 

  Gradually, he felt a growing anger overtake until it burst into a furious roar. One punch was thrown against the wall, followed by another and another. He screamed and punched the wall frantically and only stopped when he felt a sharp pain in his hands. They were bruised, raw, and some bones must have been broken. When he realized his insanity, he started crying again, sitting on the floor. — Help! Someone help me please! Help! 

 How did he came to this? You dear reader may ask, How did the our beloved hero find himself in this pitifully situation?

Just like this. 

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

One week before 

— Mister Twitch, did you got Max's royal crown? — The Queen mother asked with a sing song tone even though she was anxious to make every little detail the most perfect as possible.

— Yes Queen Queefa! — Twitch said making a small salute. 

— Wow mom! This is amazing!—Max said excited like a kid on a candy shop. All these colors and flowers was so beautifully. Remind him of his jungle home on spring.

— I am glad you liked, my son. But we are no way near done... Every-time I think we are all most done something happens and we are back at the beginning.. — Queefa sighs.

 A loud crash attacked their attention over  Spike and Twitch, who were  until the moment holding the cake struggling to balance, but now the cake was splashed into the floor. Queefa look it over to Max like saying: "Do you understand now?".

  After defeating Shadow Master, this will be the first time Max is going to the Felídeos Legion. The encounter of all the feline kingdom's representative. Everyone in the Lion Kingdom decided to celebrate by hosting a big ball and a big banquet at the castle. And the streets where filled with celebrations as well.

   Shifa wanted to make the best for her little cub, it was the least she could do, she wasn't there for his first steps, neither for his first words, his first birthday, his first day at school, his first heartbreak. 

   Max sensing his mother anxiety, he touched her shoulder and lift her face.

— It is perfect. -- He said and the Queen smiled.

—Max come on! Your subjects must see you! -- Higgabottom called for him downstairs.

—Ok mom. I have to go. — He said kissing her forehead. — Have patience with them!— He exclaimed as Max followed the professor direction.