Bit of Energy

Vi wasted no time in rushing down the sewers. Her ears strained to hear something, anything, among the white noise of rushing water. Jinx followed silently. A smear of blood donned her right cheek, but she made no move to clean herself up. Vi had a few scrapes, but could care less as they moved on. The two moved closer and closer to the heart of the Underground. Jinx finally reached forward and stopped Vi in her tracks. 

        "Are you ready for this?" Jinx asked honestly. Vi hesitated, but then set her jaw and nodded. Jinx closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "You might not make it out alive. I might not. Cait might-"

        "You don't think I don't know this?" Vi growled dangerously. Jinx dropped her hands and grabbed on to her mini-gun. "I am prepared to go all in and I am not ready to fold. This is Caitlyn we're talking about. I am no better than the vermin I'm about to pummel without her." Vi stressed. Jinx said nothing, but gave her an even look. Vi turned forward again and started walking. Jinx waited for another heartbeat before she followed again. 

        "Vi, follow me." Jinx muttered. She took a turn and started taking the path to her vantage point. Vi was at her heels in moments. 

        "Where are we going?" Vi asked. Jinx said nothing. They continued down the hall. Jinx reached up to her pigtails and gathered the braids in her hands. She pulled a few hair ties from her wrist and after a bit of fiddling and a few cusses, she managed to wrap them in a bun. Vi shook out her tangled hair, but with her gauntlets on she couldn't do much to fix it. Jinx took another turn and Vi saw the large uncovered tunnel. She slowly inched forward and got an eyeful of the area below. 

        The area was flooded with criminals and gangsters alike. They were swarming every which way. Then Vi noted the crowd parted. She saw two large men dragging a body. It didn't take Vi two seconds to recognize the body as her partner. Vi looked over her shoulder at Jinx, but surprisingly the girl was shaking her head. 

        "Not yet." Jinx whispered. "You'll give away any advantage we have. They know we're somewhere in the sewers, but with the extensive system, we could literally be anywhere." Jinx cracked a grin finally. "Thank Piltover for making my job soooooooo easy." She joked. Vi said nothing to this comment and watched Caitlyn continually be dragged. People spat on her and kicked her. Vi was ready to pounce on them and bash their skulls in mercilessly, but she had to trust in Jinx for the time being. Planning was never her strong suit. That was Cait's job. Then Vi looked over and saw it. She took in mural slowly, almost unsure of what she was seeing at first. 

        "J-jinx..l-look.." Vi stammered out quietly, avoiding any possible echo. Jinx followed Vi's stare and saw the sketch. She narrowed her eyes. Jinx looked back to Vi. Vi tried to look away, but Jinx still saw the watery gaze. 

        "Ya know what..I was never good at being patient." Jinx smiled. Vi looked at her in a confused shock. 

        "What are you planning?" Vi asked slowly. Jinx began to laugh quietly as she took out her can of spray paint. She ripped off what little fabric of her shorts she had and and tied a grenade to the container. She pulled the pin and waited a few seconds, throwing it up and down in her hand before she finally pulled back and launched it out of the opening. 

        "I hope you're ready!" Jinx looked at Vi as she stood on the very edge of the tunnel. Vi let her own smile slip.

        "I was born for this." Vi replied. There was a beeping then the grenade went off, spreading pink paint across the entire area. 

        "Go!" Jinx screamed. She launched off the edge and into open air. Vi stepped back and took a running start from the edge. Jinx pulled out her largest gun and looked down into the eyes of her old allies.