Chapter 38:

Hoshi's POV-
Shin and I were both playing with each other when I stopped.

"Hm? What's going on?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion. Why'd he look so cute as a wolf? This is so unfair.

"What were you doing outside? That time when I found you in your wolf form." I asked him.

"Hunting. Why do you ask?" He returned a question.

"I haven't tried hunting before. Do you think you can teach me?" I asked with pleading eyes. I usually stayed indoors rather than outdoors and I knew it was time to try something new. He thought for a moment or two.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I knew the answer to my question. "Okay. I promise that I won't run away on hunting trips. How about that?" I asked. He transformed into his human form.

"Okay. You'll keep your word, right? If so, we'll have to wait for daylight." He asked. I nodded and patted his head. We stood up and grabbed some hunting gear. I picked up a bow.

"I think I'm going to try archery," I murmured to myself.

"Okay then. Let's head outside." The word outside made me feel excited like an explorer in some books I've read with a new adventure was waiting for them. We both treaded quietly on the fallen leaves. I looked around the place for any movement. There! I readied my bow with Shin's guidance. I'll be killing something though. Something living their everyday life. Ready and.... release. I missed it.

"You were hesitant to release. Why?" He looked at me. He noticed.

"I don't think I can kill something. . . I'm sorry." I told him.

"That's okay." He told me gently. "We can practice your aim. You don't need to kill any animals." I nodded in agreement. We spent the rest of the day practising my aim with him helping me. When nightfall occurred we called it a day.

"I wanted to practice more. That's a shame, isn't it? But the night sky looks beautiful." I turned around to face him. He looked like he was thinking about something.

"Hm? What's wrong?" I asked. He snapped out of his thoughts and blushed. "A-Are you alright, Shin?" I asked him. Is he ill? He walked up to me and pressed his lips to mine. When we pulled ourselves from the kiss I was stunned for a few minutes. I blushed like crazy and turned to hide my face but he turned me around again.

"I can't believe you took me by surprise like that." He gave me an apologetic glance. I kissed him on the cheek. I honestly couldn't believe I was falling in love with him. "But it's nice that many good things come in surprises." I lay on my back to stare at the stars and he did the same and held my hand. We stayed until it became too cold to stay outside. We both entered the mansion again. I couldn't believe how tired I was so I headed for my room.

"Thank you," I said as I kissed him on the cheek. I got ready for bed and collapsed from exhaustion. Surprisingly, I immediately fell to sleep. I saw my old room with my parents and I knew it was a nightmare. The fire started. I looked out the window to check the silhouette of someone in the night sky. I saw them again. Who is that? I need to know who it is. I chased the shadow to the church.

"Yes. That's the girl I want to send here." They said I was immediately taken in. There, I was cut, whipped and all the other ways anyone could've been tortured. I can't get out this time. I was chained to the floor. I bolted up screaming. I was sweating, tears flowing down my face. "That was real, that wasn't real!" I kept repeating but no matter how much I tried, I simply couldn't drive the thought away... Soon, Shin, Carla and Taiyo had rushed into the room.

Shin came over to me trying to calm me down. "Hoshi it's okay, we're here." He said soothingly. I looked up at him, eyes full of tears.

"Stay with me?" I asked. And he did. He stayed the whole night and we all slept until the next night since we skipped almost a whole day of sleep. I was happy staying the way I was with Shin having his arms around me. I felt secure, comforted and loved. I want to just stay like this forever.

TO BE CONTINUED...