Maybe I'm not alone

Hi!! Author here!! I'm sorry that I have updated my other fic. I haven't had much inspiration for it anymore, but here's a new fic that I'm going to finish. This was originally posted on my AO3 account. It's CallMeAKab.

I quickly made my way down the aisle, looking for a place to sit; quietly sighing when I couldn't find an empty seat. I turned around to see if I missed any empty seat.

None. Shit... Shit, Shitt, Shit.

I continued to glance around when the bus driver said to me, "Evan Hansen, sit down. We're gonna start moving." I felt people staring at me as I glanced around hoping there was an empty seat somewhere.

"Oh, sorry. Ye-yeah I'll, sit down." I trailed off as I glanced around again for the millionth time. As I was looking around, I was suddenly pulled into a seat.

I tensed up as I fell into the seat. "H-hi?" I awkwardly waved to whoever pulled me into the seat.

"There. You have a seat." They huffed as they let go of my arm.

Rude.

I quickly sat up straight as I looked towards whoever pulled me into the seat. I hunched up a bit.

"Sorry. I'm sorry I was taking so long." I quietly spouted as I finally got a good look at them. I felt myself tense up a bit more as I realized who it was.

Connor Murphy. Let's hope he's not as bad as the rumors make him out to be.

I waved again and quickly looked down; trying to avoid eye contact. "Hi Connor." I gulped. "How are you doing?" I questioned, not really expecting an answer.

He whipped his head around to stare at me, "Um. Okay, I guess."

I finally made eye contact and he was absolutely flabbergasted. He stared at me for a second and quickly looked away. He stuttered out, "How about you?" He looked back towards me and held a small smile.

"Oh, um... I'm, uh, I'm good?" I flashed a small smile back. I looked downwards as I fidgeted with my backpack straps. I probably just looked stupid.

Okay this isn't so bad. Just make conversation. It's not that hard.

I tried to find the words as I fiddled with the straps. He noticed me struggling to find words so he insisted, "Let's talk about something you like doing."

I was surprised. "R-really! You want to?" I dropped the strap as my hands started to shake in excitement.

He had a small grin and nodded, "Yeah." He gestured to me to start.

I grinned as I started, "Well, if you insist. But prepare to be bored."

"Bore me then."

{Arriving at school}

"No way. There's no way you did that." Connor playfully shoved my shoulder. He was grinning ear to ear. His smile was nice, something I wanted to see again.

"Yes I did! You just don't, don't have the ability to believe it!" I snorted trying to stop grinning.

He laughed, "Sure, Mr. Tree Expert." He did a little dance as he laughed.

Omigod, I'm so glad the rumors are wrong. He's so cute.

What? No, he's not.

Yes, he is.

We both slowly stopped laughing and stared at each other for a moment. We sat there as the bus came to a stop.

It only takes a moment.

"We're here now." He coughed.

"Oh, we are." I sighed as I grabbed my bag, still looking at him.

"It was fun talking to you. Maybe... Maybe we could hang out sometime?"

I looked back at him. "Yes! Sure.. Um. I, I kinda, need your phone number?"

"Right! Here." He quickly wrote his name and number on my cast and did awkward finger guns as he stood up to get off the bus.

I walked down the aisle on the bus and smiled. I glanced down at my cast and grinned.

A friend.

Word Count: 610

The chapters will get longer this is just me starting out. Also my friend proofread this. I'm not entirely sure their username on this website. Anyway bye, guys, gals, non-binary, and anyone in between have a great day.