Chapter Forty Seven.

After dinner that night, Nicola took the girls back to the hotel despite Jasmine's protests. The little girl wanted to join Taron and Mikey on the walk they were going to take with everyone else, but Nicola declined.

Once they were back in their room, Nicola got Luna and Jasmine ready for bed, tucked them in, changed her clothes and went to sit outside on the balcony. Her mind was reeling with thoughts of all kinds. The main one being her conflicting feelings for Taron and why he had simply referred to her as 'Luna's mum.' I mean she was Luna's mum but was that all she was to him? And if she was that to him now, what was she to him before? She wasn't sure if she really wanted to know.

Nicola had no idea how long she had been sitting there for when she was pulled from her thoughts by a small hand gently resting on her arm.

"Lina, are you sad?" Jasmine asked softly, taking note of the unshed tears in her sister's eyes when she turned to face her.

Nicola smiled and simply opened her arms for one of Jasmine's special hugs.

"Honestly?" Nicola asked in return. Jasmine nodded.

"Yes, but I'll be ok." Nicola answered. She wasn't sure if she meant that or if she was trying to convince herself that she would in fact be ok.

"Why?" Jasmine questioned.

Nicola didn't want to tell Jasmine too much information because she knew most of her feelings could only be discussed with adults who fully understood everything Nicola felt in that moment, but she knew Jasmine would want an answer, so she came up with the best one she could think of.

"You know when you feel too many things at once, you cry?" Nicola asked, hoping that this would make sense to the little one.

"Yep." Jasmine replied, popping the p at the end. She knew the feeling all too well.

"Well, that's how I'm feeling right now. I'm feeling too many things at once and just need a good cry." Nicola told Jasmine.

Jasmine was quiet for a minute before an idea popped into her head.

"Chocolate milk always helps me." Jasmine told Nicola confidently, drawing a giggle from Nicola.

"How does chocolate milk and cheeseburgers sound?" Nicola wondered. Sometimes you need moments like this to feel better or at least slightly better.

"Yes please." Jasmine replied excitedly. Nicola nodded and stood up to place their room service orders.

When the food finally arrived both girls sat outside watching the stars and made-up stories for the random shapes they found within the constellations. It was a bonding moment that Nicola didn't realize she needed. It made her heart happier knowing she had the two things that made her complete, her Jasmine and her little moon beam.

=

The next morning, Jasmine decided that she, Nicola and Luna deserved a day at the beach. Nicola was all for it and promptly got things together so they could enjoy their time before it got too hot for Luna to be out.

Once they made it, Nicola laid out a couple towels for her and Jasmine to lay on while Luna laid in her baby beach tent Nicola had brought with them in case a few beach visits were had.

It was simply heaven and most certainly needed.

Laying on the beach with her eyes closed, Nicola enjoyed the heat of the sun upon her skin. The smell of salt water wafted past her as she felt sand pelt her legs. She leaned up on her elbows to look at the culprit. Jasmine.

"Do you mind?" Nicola said, raising her brow. Jasmine locked eyes with her and narrowed her eyes.

"You're in da way." The little girl replied sassily.