EPISODE 2

A couple of days went by since the trip to the White House

Sam has thought long and hard about the offer he received.

He was yet to make up his mind, but until then he grabbed the phone to make a call.

Sam Fisher: Hey, Vic!

Victor Coste: Sam! Hey, man! Haven't heard from you in a while brother.

Sam Fisher: Yeah! How are things brother?

Victor Coste: Same old, same old.

Victor Coste: What's going on with you, brother?

Sam Fisher: Well, I'm just relaxing. Took a little trip to a one very important house.

Sam Fisher: I have something for you man. I am in Washington for a few days so I was wondering if you are available?

Victor Coste: Of course man.

Sam Fisher: Good! 'Cus you would've been even if you were busy.

Victor Coste: How so?

Sam Fisher: If you want to find out then you pay for lunch.

Victor Coste: Okay, what do you have in mind?

Sam Fisher: Remember Frank's place?

Victor Coste: Yeah!

Sam Fisher: Meet me there at 2 and you shall see.

Victor Coste: Done deal! Cannot fucking wait for some of those ribs.

A couple of hours later Sam and Victor met at Soweto, or as they knew it, Frank's place.

It was a very small joint located in a not that popular area of the capital city.

Frank was the name of the owner. He was one of the best cooks on the street.

At 60 years of age, he was in charge of the business started by his grandfather. Maybe this place was not the kind to receive all the acclamation of the food critics.

It was a small place, not at all fancy, but it had the best ribs in the world.

It was a secret recipe passed down through generations. If you think about it was just well-cooked ribs with baked vegetables on the side drowned in a special sauce.

As ordinary as that sounds the taste of it was the one that would take you right at the heaven's gate.

After catching up a little bit, the big elephant in the room became the talking subject.

Victor Coste: A Fifth Echelon? Are you fucking serious?

Sam Fisher: Yup! Everything is dead serious.

Victor Coste: But how the hell does our new POTUS knows all the ins and outs of what we did, of what you did?

Sam Fisher: He wandered around some inner circles that lead him to this world.

Sam Fisher: Plus, he had his old man working side by side with us.

Victor Coste: Who was that?

Sam Fisher: Do you remember Michael?

Victor Coste: Yeah!

Victor Coste: No shit!

Victor Coste: You kidding?

Victor Coste: The POTUS is Big Mike's kid?

Sam Fisher: Yeah!

Victor Coste: No way! It does make some sense right now.

Victor Coste: So... you decided yet?

Sam Fisher: No! It's not that simple, but I'm inclined to go for it.

Sam Fisher: There are still a few things I want to get in order and then I'll know for sure.

Victor Coste: And you want me in your little merry band?

Sam Fisher: Yes!

Sam Fisher: Whatever verdict was the final one for Lambert, he did do a good thing. He gathered the best he or anyone could find.

Sam Fisher: Those are the people that I want in my corner if I am to do anything.

Sam Fisher: Just as I was saying to this Langley guy, a simple Splinter Cell program would not do the thing.

Sam Fisher: And I cannot do this all by myself.

Sam Fisher: If I get this thing started, I could seek someone that will be able to walk in my shoes. I don't know how long it's going to take, but eventually, I'll get there.

Sam Fisher: The problem is, that is not enough. We don't need a program, we don't need one single operative, we need a full company.

Sam Fisher: If the Fifth Echelon gets to materialize it needs to be split into divisions.

Sam Fisher: The Splinter Cell program can give us the best of the best, but we need an intel team, we need a support team. We need people to infiltrate like a ghost, people to act, people to pull the trigger.

Sam Fisher: I need a squad of top military individuals. There is no one better than you at getting this done. You'll have your own little merry band.

Victor Coste: You really think we can do something like this?

Sam Fisher: Yes I do!

Sam Fisher: I am telling you because I need all the help I can get.

Sam Fisher: To be honest, this thing will come to be with or without us. I think that it will be better if this was in our hands.

Sam Fisher: I think I'm ready to get the new Splinter Cell Division up and running. You will be the one responsible for the assault division, in case there is any need for support or in case there is a special request for a mission that is going to be carried out by your boys.

Sam Fisher: I will try and speak to Anna these days, see what she's going to say.

Sam Fisher: She will be more than perfect to get things up and running for an intel division, the type of people that look more normal than the normal ones. Not sticking out, just blending in, and listening to whatever shit the world spits out, putting all that information to good use.

Victor Coste: It seems like you have thought about everything brother.

Sam Fisher: Yeah!

Sam Fisher: So... what say you?

Victor Coste: You know what I'll say, brother! The services of yours truly and those of Paladin Nine Security are at your disposal.

Victor Coste: I'm glad to know that we will be in this business for long and we'll do shit our way.

Victor Coste: But... there is one little small tiny thing...

Sam Fisher: What is it?

Victor Coste: I forgot my wallet.

Sam Fisher: I thought it was my job to be the cheap bastard.