Chapter 2 - The Party of Slumber Pt. 1

Sunshine: Heyyyyy, N/N (0^<)~*

                                                                        Yeah Mikey? What’s up? :Y/N

Sunshine: Wanna come down to the lair for about a week?

                                                                             Sure, I’ll be ready in
                                                                            about 5 minutes (0^0) :Y/N

Sunshine: Cool, can you come open the balcony window?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chuckle and walk to the window, seeing Mikey in a hoodie. I open it and let him inside. He tackles me in a hug.

“Give me a minute to get some stuff together okay?” I ask him, smiling when he nods. He updates me on what he’s been doing these past few weeks as I put clothes, medication, and a phone charger into a duffle bag. When I’m ready to go we head out behind the building and Mikey lifts a manhole cover. I gag lightly and remember that I’m supposed to take my binder off today.

We both go down and walk to subway turnstiles. Beyond them, I see a make-shift living room.

“Nice place Mike-ster,” I say as we walk through them. He smiles in response, taking the hoodie off and placing it with a pile of other jackets. Leo walks in, spotting me as he smiles.

“Hey Y/N, what are you doing here?”

“He is here because he wants to have a sleepover. I already talked to Master Splinter about it and he said it was fine,” Mikey answers as a metal door slides open behind us.

“Raph, for the last time, I cannot and will not make you flaming sais! Master Splinter and I both think it’s too dangerous,” Donnie says, a mad Raph grunting in response. I turn to see the two and catch Donnies’ gaze, earning a cute gap-toothed smile, “What brings you here? Did Mikey bother you so much you wanted to come talk to us?”

I smile as a slight chuckle escapes me, “No, he asked me to come for a sleepover,”

Raph laughs, “Mikey what are you, 5 years old? Or are you that desperate for friends?”

Leo and I glare at him, making his flame fizzle out. Mikey just shrugs it off and nods. Raph just drops it and walks off to another room.

I hear footsteps coming from down near a sewer entrance that is closer than where Mikey and I came from.

“Guys? Are you at home?” A femenine voice sounds out. Donnie smiles brightly as a blush rises onto his cheeks before he answers.

“Yeah, we’re in here, April!”

A red haired person comes through the turnstiles, they sport a yellow shirt and blue jean shorts over black leggings. I gasp softly, my thoughts the only thing I can hear now. 

Damnit. It’s that O’Neil chick! She might out me to the guys if she finds out who I am! I can not let that happen… If it does, who knows what they might do to me.

Leo places a hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“N/N, are you alright? You seem disturbed,” He says, a concerned look overtaking his face. I nod yes and quickly muster the energy to smile convincingly.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just got lost in thoughts of my past Leo,” I say, patting his hand reassuringly. I hear laughter coming from Donnies’ lab, making me realize that April and him must have gone in there after I got lost in thought.