Chapter One • Welcome to Homeowrld

Pink Diamond. A loving gem, tiny and filled with curiosity and emotions. She was never the best at being a ruler, but she tried. When Blue and Yellow would get her in trouble, she dreamt of going to another world. Staring out at the sky filled with those glistening stars and planets so close yet so far. When could she finally see one? Own one? She just wanted to be one of the Diamonds.

One day, while playing with her Spinel, her dream finally came true. Blue and Yellow called her and they said what her planet would be. The planet Earth. So beautiful. Dangerous, but close and easy to manage. Perfect nutrients for growing Quartzes.

She was never good at this either. She's always wanted to visit the planet, but the others never wanted her to go.
It was a beautiful night on the moon base. She had just gotten the news from Pearl, "The quartz guards are due to emerge soon!" She stated softly. And suddenly, Blue called. "Pink, we need to talk. Come to my room at the peak of the third moon." She said, making sure the small diamond understood. "Of course Blue! What about?" The curious gem asked. "We just..need to talk. I feel it would be better face to face." She said again in a more serious tone. This scared Pink a bit, she must be in trouble again.
Oh, how right she was.

Perfect timing, peak of the third moon she bursted into Blues room, leaning on the wall to catch her breath. "Hey! <huff> Blue! What's the problem? <huff>" She asked between breaths. Blue cringed slightly at the sight of her tiredness. "Ah- Pink. We need to talk about your behavior." Pink sighed and rolled her bright eyes, clearly annoyed by the soon scolding. Blue began, "Pink, you need to work harder with your planet. We need to know that you're ready to have one! Please, just let us know this wasn't a bad idea or too soon for you."

Pink looked down, not answering Blue out of annoyance. "Please starlight, I can help you if you'd like. I know about this, i've been doing it for a while." She said, leaning down and lifting the small girls chin so she could finally look her in they eyes. Pink waited for a few moments and thought. "...fine. I think I could use your help." She said, trying to keep calm as to not get thrown away to the tower. Blue hummed. "Good. I'm glad you could finally see how important this is." Pink didn't answer, but did think she was finally right. Maybe she could earn their trust if she just worked hard enough. And with Blues help it would be much easier! This could be good for her..for all of them.

—————

The first day of work, Pink learned how to use the orb to check on her small colony. Blue was impressed, but they still had lots of work to do. They both enjoyed that day together.

—————

The first year of working together, they got the second row of quartz guards out in a quick amount of time. Blue taught her how to produce more gems at a faster rate.

—————

After 1000 years of help, Blue left her on her own to complete the colony. She was nervous as ever, but a sense of accomplishment engulfed her. She had finally proven herself.

—————

8000 years later, the year 2002 to be specific, she decided she needed someone to rule for her. She wanted a child.
"But Blue!" She pleaded. "That's ENOUGH. You are not having a "human child". It would put our entire status at risk!" The diamond commanded. "Come ON! What if one day I decide not to complete my colony and walk out? Who would rule for me? Or what if one day I get SHATTERED?" These words sent shivers down Blue Diamonds spine. She quickly half-turned to face her. "Don't you dare threaten me with that." She said in a hushed voice. "I will NOT allow this to happen, that is FINAL." She swayed her arm for exaggeration, then turned around and walked off, attempting to keep her composure.

This, of course, wouldn't stop the rebellious diamond from doing what she wants. "I'm gonna have that baby." She claimed under her breath.

__________________
Word count • 728
A/N -
Hey! This chapter was just some background stuff to start everything off. In the next chapter, Nora
will be 16.