2. Positive

"Mummy! What do you think of this one?"
I whirled out of the dressing room, twirling the blue satin dress around my heels. I beamed at my mother. This was the one.

"It is absolutely hideous. Go and change this instant, Sheila" Mother said.

So much for the excitement I had.

I sighed. "Is it really that bad, Mummy?" I queried.

"If I were Gerald, I'd go home after looking at that."

I turned back on my heels angrily into the dressing room. I held back tears as I shrugged the dress off my shoulders.

Am I that ugly? I only came to Milwards today to see the girl i saw 2 months ago. I already have tons of dresses collecting dust in my wardrobe.

As I put on my brown beach hat to complete the dress I was currently wearing: frilly and white with tulips all over it, I really hoped that Gerald would like what I was wearing, and I wouldn't embarrass myself.

Mother gasped as I emerged from thr dressing room. "Sheila, darling! You look wonderful!"

"And Gerald won't look at me in disgust and return to his business?"

"Of course not!" Mother replies carefully.

~ woahhhh yeah ~

I got off the train and started walking to Crofts and Co's management office with a spring in my step. Gerald and I had agreed to meet by the pond at half past 12, but I had come 20 minutes earlier to surprise him! The picnic basket hit my leg as I walked.

I got there quicker than I expected. Maybe because I was daydreaming about our romantic date!!

I knocked on the door twice to enter the building. It took I knocked on the door twice to enter the building. It took 10 seconds for it to be opened.

A man in a black bowler hat opened the door.

"Good Afternoon, Ma'am! How can I help you?"

"Hello! I am Sheila Birling, Mr Croft's fiancé. I'm here to see him: is he available?"

This was a lie. I said it just to sound sophisticated.

"I see. Walk straight and its the 4th door on the left."

"Thank you so much!" I entered the building.

It smelled of paper and wood. In a way, it smelt of Gerald. I smiled to myself.

"4th door.... ah- here it is!"

I turned the door knob slowly, as to not disturb him from his work too much. He'll be so surprised!

I dropped the picnic basket. The apples fell out.

I can't see clearly. There's water in my eyes.

Gerald is on top of another woman. He's all up on her.

As they both acknowledge my presence, they jump away from each other. I'm wiping my eyes, so I can see clearly now. Is that... the girl from Milwards?

"Sheila- it's not what it looks like!" Gerald exclaims. The pretty girl has gone bright red.

"Gerald... who's that?" Pretty girl asks. "Are you cheating on me?"

"Wait wait wait" I hold my hands up in confusion. "Have you lied to both of us?"

Gerald begins to stammer. "Sheila, I swear I have no idea who this is. She's- she's a beggar and she was waiting outside of my office. You have to believe me."

"Excuse me?" Pretty girl says, "You just said you love me" she snapped. "You- uh- must have misheard."

"Well I know one thing I've definit"Well I know one thing I've definitely heard correctly" I say. "You're big sloppy lips all over her you PIG!"

I picked up the picnic basket and chucked it right at Gerald's head.

I've got prettt good aim if I do say so myself.

The basket hit Gerald's eye."HEY! DON'T YOU-"

He couldn't finish his sentence because Pretty girl had picked an apple from the floor and chucked it at Gerald's other eye.

"YEAH! WHAT SHE SAID! YOU PIG!"

In a rage, I started picking sandwiches, cakes and oranges from the floor and pelted them at Gerald, who was hopelessly trying to dodge.

Pretty girl soon came over to where I was standing and began picking the food from the floor and throwing them with me. We went to pick the same orange and our hands touched. I am 100% my face stayed the same shade after that. I didn't go red. Totally.

I'm positive.