II

I was in the living room, settled comfortably on the couch when I heard the doorbell ring. I furrowed my brows as I lazily marched my way to the door. I wasn't expecting anyone. I looked through the peephole but all I saw were yellow lilies, covering the person behind it.

"Hi, mahal ko! Surprise!"

My mouth slowly dropped open when I opened the door. My girlfriend was standing before me, smiling and looking so papi with her aviators on. She was holding a bouquet of yellow lilies—my other favorite.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Aren't you happy that I'm here?"

"No! I mean, we've talked about this 'di ba? I need this trip for myself."

"Sorry, but I couldn't help it. I was missing you so badly." She pouted like a kid and I found it so cute. "Here, I brought you flowers."

"Aww, thank you! And you're forgiven."

I grabbed the bouquet and she was about to kiss me on my lips, but I closed the gap between us and wrapped my arms around her; her kiss, instead, landed on top of my head.

"I missed you, too." I whispered as I felt her arms pulling me closer before she lifted me off my feet a little.

I was honestly disappointed to see her and at the same time, I felt more guilty about what happened last night now that she's here.

She was the first to pull back when she noticed all the tulips arranged in vases around the living room. Her eyes darted in the direction of the bouquet of carnations that I just received this morning.

"Looks like there's someone else giving you flowers. May nanliligaw ba sa'yo dito, Rhi?" She asked, her curious expression turned suspicious.

"May nakilala ka na bang iba? Kaya ba you didn't want me here?" she added.

"What? No! Come on, let's not go there," I countered, then I suddenly realized that my voice came too high, too defensive, and it shocked her.

I was expecting her to turn more doubtful, but her face softened.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry, Rhi. I know may usapan tayo, pero sobrang miss lang talaga kita kaya sinundan kita dito." She walked to me with her shoulders slumped and gently planted a kiss on my forehead.

I felt bad for her and even more for myself. But I had no choice, she's already here and I didn't have the heart to break her—again.

"Halika na, magbihis ka na. I know you haven't had lunch yet. I've already made a reservation at your favorite bistro."

***

We're currently at Robert's, sitting across the table from each other in the far corner spot of the bistro while we were having super late lunch. I actually didn't have quite the appetite but I was trying not to show it.

"Grabe, the best pa rin talaga yung food nila dito. Naalala mo ba, love? This was where we met again," she asked. She was all chirpy and excited, like nothing happened earlier at my penthouse, like nothing happened back home before I decided to go for a vacation.

Truth was, I had a lot of best memories in this place, but meeting her here for the second time was not what I remembered the most.

Not the spot we're currently at. Not the dishes we're eating. Not with her.

"Hey, Rhi?"

I didn't notice I was spacing out until she held my hand that was on the table.

"Uhm. Yeah, I remember," I nodded, forcing a smile.