Prologue

It's going to be my best friend's wedding in four days.

Roux and I decided to throw a joint party for Caroline and Calvin since they denied the idea of a bachelor or bachelorette party.

I roll my eyes at the thought.

At this point they should've just went straight to the altar.

My father places a hand on Roux's shoulder, "Behave tonight."

Roux, my twin and I are identical although we're fraternal. Due to the fact that my natural hair color is a sandy brown and hers is a natural blonde. My eyes are green and hers are blue. I've dyed my hair blonde and now we look more like twins than we ever have before. Although she hates that I dyed it blonde.

She looks up at my father making eye contact and I can see the moment he realizes he's talking to Roux. Noticing her blue eyes that resemble his. He tenses as he pats her shoulder, "Sorry. I thought-"

His eyes wander until they meet mine which is only two seats away at the bar. I break my stare and take the tequila shot in front of me.

I usually like to sip on them since I'm not big on drinking, but if he's going to start with me then I need it to hit my bloodstream quick.

He sits on the bar stool next to me, "Don't make a fool of yourself tonight, Ruth."

I don't meet his stare. It's easier for me to give him attitude when I don't look at him, "Don't worry about me, father. I'm an adult."

He sighs loudly as if I'm the last person he wants to talk to, "I always worry."

He stands and leaves me at the bar so I ask for another shot. And hopefully I can actually sip on this one.

But he's not wrong. He does always worry. More specifically on his image which includes the family image.

I look over at Roux again and smiles at me and rolls her eyes, "They're really cute." She tilts her chin, pointing in the direction of the dance floor.

Calvin is whispering something in Caroline's ear, making her smile as they sway softly to an upbeat song.

I smile because after the shit they put each other through. They both deserve to be happy.

We rented out the ballroom in my favorite hotel that happens to be a five star. My father helped us and paid for the guest's rooms. He also wanted to pay for the entire wedding since he has a soft spot for Caroline since she grew up without a family.

But Calvin refused and said he'd fund the wedding because he wants Caroline to choose whatever she wants without the guilt of using someone else's money.

The nights been long and it seems like Calvin doesn't even want to be too far from Caroline. Any time anyone stops him to talk, he seems annoyed and he ends the conversation quickly. I talked to Caroline a few times to check in on her since pregnant and I don't want her to get tired and still be on her feet. It makes me glad that Calvin doesn't seem annoyed that I check in on her.

After a few more drinks and dancing like crazy with Roux, Nathaniel, her boyfriend, thought it was a good idea to take her away.

I go back to the bar and ask for water this time.

"Calling it quits?" A deep voice says next to me and it makes me sit up straighter.

Looking over, I remind myself to keep my composure. I've been trying to avoid him all day. Not because we've done anything, but because Bunny Lewis is mouth watering and I don't think I can resist myself much longer. Let alone while drunk.