CHAPTER THIRTEEN: The Plan Moving Forward

The moment that the spell for the Oath of Silence was lifted, the five men in the room looked at Felicity differently from when she first entered the office. The Count was still kneeling down on one knee in front of the little girl, his eyes widely staring at Felicity's own, their sapphire blue pupils completely identical to each other.

Felicity disrupted the shocked silence herself. "I wasn't planning on guilt-tripping Your Grace into taking responsibility of your actions in the past, but what happens in life really cannot be anticipated, no matter how carefully one plans for it," she said as she took her hands off of the Count's face. "Since I don't have much options, I have to make do with what I have right now and it just so happens that the Count seems to be the easiest way to deal with the situation... I hope you understand," she added before placing her hands back to the wheels of the wheelchair and maneuvering herself away from the five men.

"The die had been cast, the oath had been made, and so I humbly ask the gentlemen for your cooperation from this day onward. I plan on calling another meeting with everyone here some days from now. I'll send word about it soon. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to have the upper hand in this situation," Felicity said before bowing her head down in respect. Thinking that each of the men needed time to process everything that they witnessed, she excused herself. After all, she also needed ample time to think about her plan moving forward.

Madame Clementine and Ginger who had been on stand-by outside in the hall were called to escort Felicity back to her room.

Felicity was quiet and serene as she was being wheeled along the hallway and she released such a tension that made Ginger and Madame Clementine nervous. By the side, Kenley trudged along, still looking menacing in his new size and form. The walk was slow and careful whilst Felicity drowned inside her own thoughts.

There were many things to consider thus she told herself that she must organize the facts as soon as possible. It might seem like a hopeless situation at first however Felicity was starting to think the opposite.

Being a child of the gods and knowing a certain deadline for her current lifeline – depending on how she would utilize those details, she might be able to manipulate the pros and cons to turn the circumstances to her favor.

"At the very least, I know for sure that I won't be dying at age nine or ten... People who knows about the existence of the children of the gods know that they have short-lived lifespans, but only those who had studied about them would know the similarities of the circumstances of their lives, including the fact that each one actually lived past age eleven. I know for sure since I've seen an actual record of the children of the gods in the Sorcerer's Tower."

"In order for me to have a better chance of survival, I have to use every card that I have. The greatest trump of mine would be the knowledge from Oliver's life where I actually saw records detailing the life and powers of the children of the gods who previously existed. I can use those to deal with being a child of the gods myself. The other past lives would serve as a fine support. I've personally met a child of the gods as Dylan; I've studied about them from religious texts and history books as Michael, and lived during the era of the last child of the gods in Giovanni Kingdom as Calvin. Most importantly, I know what exactly killed the past children of the gods, something that would eventually try to claim my life as well... I do not have to be anxious as to what kind of death awaits me in this life thus I can prepare to avoid it."

"I have more than enough knowledge about the children of the gods thus I don't have to start from scratch, and I have the time to search for additional information if deemed necessary. I have approximately three years to prepare before 'that' happens. It all adds up to how much I can make use of the Acker Countdom and its assets..." She went over those thoughts in her head and mentally engraved the ideas in her mind so she could write them out later. She paused her thoughts for a moment with her fist closing onto the armrest of the wheelchair. It took a second for her to notice that her hand was shaking. Placing her other hand over it, she kept it steady.