Her flame burns brighter than the rest

Elijah was, for the first time since he was a young boy, exhausted.

As he wondered the Abattoir, he noticed a silent figure standing at the window of the library, watching the still noisy streets below. Coming up behind her he murmered in her ear, his breath warm, "For the first time in my thousand years, I have never felt so...afraid"

Silence. Her eyes still trained on the window.

"Hayley, you nearly lost your life today. You nearly lost the child." Then in a quiet voice he whispered, "I nearly lost you." With the impending silence and clearly out of his comfort zone Elijah coughed into his hand and turned to leave.

"Elijah," her soft soprano voice called out to him. Like a moth to the flame Elijah was drawn to her.

Whirling around, Elijah pulled her flush to him and placed his lips on her luscious, full pink ones. Elijah realised that he had never felt so strongly for someone as he had for her, maybe Tatia but it was pale in comparison. The passion simmered and he slowly placed a gentle hand on her neck, running his fingers through her dark brown waves. It was as this passion brewed that he realised he would never be able to do that again. That in a few days she would belong to Jackson, wearing his ring and going by his name. Before their kiss grew too dark, he reluctently pulled away and vamped off, leaving a very confused and heartbroken Hayley to herself.