1.2

'i can fit two'

kristy and mary anne consulted the rest of the club, who all agreed to let bella come along to a meeting and join on a probationary basis, meaning she could be kicked out if she did a bad job.

but, bella was a great babysitter. she used to sit for david michael all the time.

she walked with kristy to claudia's house, excited to see claudia again after two years of them not talking much.

"it's weird being back." bella said.

"i wasn't sure you'd ever be back." kristy replied.

"neither was i." bella said, solemnly.

"but you're here now! that's what matters." kristy said, enthusiastically.

when the two arrived at claudia's house, mimi greeted them both enthusiastically.

bella, kristy, mary anne and claudia had been an iconic friendship group before bella moved away.

"girls are upstairs." mimi told them both, before bella hugged her for a second time.

kristy pulled bella up the stairs impatiently.

"hi janine!" she smiled, seeing the girl she hadn't seen at all for two years.

"isabella?" janine questioned.

"that's my name!" bella laughed, before kristy impatiently pulled her down to claudia's room.

"bella!" claudia grinned, as soon as the two girls entered the room. she jumped up from her seat and instantly hugged her.

"hi claud." bella smiled.

"you look so pretty." claudia gushed, walking back to her chair to grab her new camera.

bella blushed a little, suddenly making eye contact with a blonde girl who glared at her.

there was a loud click as claudia took a picture of bella, who was still standing in her doorway.

"okay belle, this is stacey." mary anne introduced the pair, who had made uncomfortable eye contact several times.

"hi! i'm isabella or izzy or belle or bella, whichever you want." she introduced herself.

"okay." stacey replied, coldly.

"okay.... and this is dawn." mary anne continued.

"do you know your astrological chart?" dawn asked her.

"i think i do, i was born 13th of may 2007 at 4:42am in hartford conneticut, so that makes me a taurus sun, aries moon, taurus rising, right?" she replied.

"i think so, i'll write it down and check later." dawn smiled.

"and this is mallory." mary anne finished introducing the members bella hadn't met, who were actually on time.

"hi it's nice to meet you." bella smiled at the girl, who had been awkwardly sat alone the whole time.

"you're so cool." mallory said quickly.