Hope

Perhaps it was the rain, or darkness, but should a key glow like that? No of course not. I must be crazy. I don't think that's the case. I picked it up. I held it to my eyes. "Universal Key" was written on it. But it isn't that the prestige college everyone tried to get into? They say you can travel worlds with this key. But of course I don't believe in such nonsense. But then when I tried using it on the college door... I was taken somewhere. Somewhere dark and gloomy. I laughed at the sensation. The trees of the forest lingered as they flowed in the harsh breeze. I heard laughing however. Children laughing. It made me sick. I never had the chance to laugh and play like these children. It ticked me off. I wanted to get rid of it. The awful sound of children. It grew quiet. I panicked at the realization of what I had done.. I.. killed them! I did I did! I laughed. I laughed some more. I laughed at the blood stained knife in my hand. I laughed at the children's petite corpses. I was a mad man. But I loved it. I stared with a smile, a crazy smile. I'm insane. But I didn't care. This key didn't take me anywhere... it brought me to my senses. 

My insane senses

I heard the worries and chatter of adults near by, I have to hide what I have done! But the thought of the children's parents be sick with worry and discomfort of their child's dead corpse amused me. It enlightened me. But if I left them here, I could get caught. Perhaps I should put their little petite corpses in each parent's house. Then there would be a whole 'missing children's case' until the corpses were to be found. Their parents would surely be worried sick. And I'd watch the news of them being so. Talking about how much they miss their child and how they wished were okay. Boy were they wrong.. I enjoyed their discomfort so much. But I loathed their hope. There was no hope in this world. I didn't have it did I? So why should anybody else..? It's logic. Insane logic. But logic.

So I did as my mind told me to, I hid the bodies of the annoying little children in their parent's houses. 

I'm a bit disappointed at the results of my actions however..

"I can't believe you did such a horrible crime! You are no longer allowed to be called my son!" My mother sneered behind the glass. 

When visiting time had ended, I scowled behind the metal bars of prison. I guess my plan wasn't so cunning after all.

I had been caught.

But I didn't deserve it! My mother ruined my life, I wanted to people to feel the same. Was that so wrong?! 

"LET ME OUT!" I'd cry out and shriek every night. And for punishment, the guards would beat me down, if I kept my voice and continued my banter, sometimes they'd shoot me in the leg. 

But after all, what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger..