Chap 0

Heavy rains poured from the skies as the queen of Fortitudinu walked across the throne room. Various nobles from various aristocratic sects stared and murmured between each other as the exiled ruler strided forward to the throne she chopped her ex-husband's head off of. Her robes glittered with the forgotten crest of Cannindo and various medals hung across the lapel of her blazer. Her face wore a proud and brave look although her shaking hand told otherwise. Yet her sword, engraved with the embelishments of her home country of Vertita glittered and shone. She reached the foot of the throne and bowed as the head priest from the Council of United Agrafos reached his hand over her head and muttered an incantation. Bright light radiated from the blessing and the nobles thrust their fans and capes in front of the bright light. The priest stepped back and the light receded.

'It is done now, my queen. You are now the supreme and certified ruler of Fortitudinu. May Janshi bless you.' The queen nodded and smiled proudly. Her dream soared forward as she was reminded of a bright afternoon in the Vertus Palace. 

Her mother was braiding her hair as she was stitching another one of her embroidery pieces.

'Mother, if Father dies, will I ever become ruler ?' Her mother smiled. 'Sunflower, would you want your father to die so soon?' her mother said with a chuckle. 

'No, of course not' the child said, turning back with a cheeky smile only children can possess. 'But still, will I?'

Her mother gave a sad smile and looked out of the window. 'No, unfortunately not Sunflower'

'Oh. But I want to'

'Of course Muri. Never forget this solicit hope. Janshi will make sure you will' her mother said with a smile.  

'Yay ! If Lady Janshi is impressed by me, she will make me queen, right ?' 

'Of course, sweet sunflower, of course she will' her mother responded with a chuckle.

 The memory faded into the distance as she sprang up and sat on the throne no woman had ever bested.