Part 5

"Wha?"

Okay, so, wow. In another dream. Everything's... It's all white. But there's nothing felt about it. It doesn't feel creepy, it feels, in fact, nice in a way.

Jeremy sees none other than white, but he knew he had to wait for something—or someone, right? Surely he wasn't there for no reason. He's certain he's been having dreams with some kind of meaning all week.

"Certainly, you are right."

"Oh."

It's you.

Alright, wake me up from this bullcrap. Why is this my dream?

"No, wait. I have to explain some things."

How did you know I... Oh, wait, it's in my head. Wait, in my dreams, can it read my mind?

"You better," I decide to respond.

"I know. That's why I'm here."

"Explain things like what?" I tried to muster up a great rude voice and try to seem like a dick towards it.

"Like why you've been very easily upset lately."

"Okay...?"

I figure this is just another one of those weird dreams. I'm probably desperate enough to find an answer to the point I see the SQUIP in my dream telling me it'd explain stuff about it.

But still, it's the SQUIP. So I prepare myself for emotional murder.

And to defend myself.

And for shocks.

"Everything started when you were crying that one night and all thoughts you had were regarding your mother."

"What?" What is it talking about? I mean... I remember doing exactly that, but tell me the connection.

"Your sudden breakdown woke me up."

"What?"

What.

What.

Fuck.

What.

What?

It's reactivated?

"I've been trying to keep from completely reactivating and making myself visible to you, but as you can tell it's been quite difficult. All of my attempts to hide caused a mess to your brain and made you turn very emotionally vulnerable and helpless. It was barely preventable."

"Did- did the Mountain Dew Red not deactivate you?"

"No, Jeremy, it did not."

"What—..." Huh? Then... Was Christine's SQUIP actually the one and only SQUIP that had a full deactivation? Or what?

"It seems I was the only SQUIP along with another that survived the event."

"Wait, so all the other SQUIPs got deactivated aside from you?"

"Uh, yes."

"Wait, is this real? I– How is that possible? What's... Is there... What's there you have that the other SQUIPs didn't? What's so special about you? I-I mean, I don't mean that in a bad way... Just... But didn't you really... Die... What did you... But Michael said... Hold on, first of all, am... I'm actually talking to you right now?"
Jeremy takes a step back, stops and stares at the SQUIP. Then to the floor. I guess his plan to be a real dick to the SQUIP failed miserably.

"To answer that last question, yes, I was able to sneak into your subconscious. And do you not recall me telling you to sleep earlier, when you were not dreaming? I did that just for us to have this conversation, as you charge yourself. So I can absolutely assure you this is me, the real me."