ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 - ᴀғᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ .༄

APRIL 29, 2020
11:54 PM
Quiet, only the hushed chirps of crickets in the background.

       Future Y/N was empty.

       She was just...empty.

       Her body felt heavy, though weightless at the same time as if only a lousy blow of wind could knock her out.

       Abruptly, she stood up—sending her swivel chair back several meters before slamming into a nearby wall.

       A hot sensation boiled throughout her body, burning feeling rushing inside her veins.  Future Y/N was furious—she had calculated all the outcomes, all the possibilities, all the chances that he wouldn't make it to the end of his life—and she was SURE that this wouldn't be one, despite how it all panned out to another's perspective.

       'What did I do wrong?  What did I miss?  There was no way that I would have made a mistake—' Future Y/N let out an aggravating scream, pushing all her things off of her desk in one sweep, everything impacting against the ground with a boom like a gunshot.  'I-I repeated this several times and it was—i-it was not...'

       "I can't prevent it—" the female reached for the object nearest to her, ramming it into a wall with a broken cry out.  "—nothing I do can fucking prevent it!"

       Her knees were shaking, arms were dead frozen with goosebumps surfacing onto her sickly, paling skin.

       "I-I tried to save him.  I-I tried a trillion fucking times to save him..." In a flash, she glanced up to the blanket covering a the wall.  Ripping it off, she felt even more anguished at the sight of her work, years of work, just down the drain.

       Written on the forever-stretching blackboard built into the wall were all her trial and errors, calculations, hypothesizes, even incorporating time as a valued factor.

       Placing her hand on the aged, faded white chalk, Future Y/N dug her nails onto the board and quickly ripped through it—an ear-piercing scrape echoing throughout the otherwise empty room.

       "but nothing," her trembling fingers curled into a hardened fist.  "nothing I could do could prevent this..."

       The thud echoed all over the room once her knees met with the cold, hard floor.

       "I can't anymore..."

       Y/N loves Honcho with all she has, more than it could even be expressed through words or thoughts.

       But seeing the love of her life take his last breath before her eyes at least a billion times now, Y/N was just...

       "Someone please just help me!—"

       The scratchy groaning of the dark oak door creak as someone pushed it gradually open snapped the despaired female out of her thoughts like a slammed book.  Abrupt.

       She tried to move her arm.  Nothing.

       Y/N jerked her leg.  No reaction.

       Was she in shock?

       Her heart pounded within her chest.  If she were to hand her hand over it, it would be like the heart punching her palm relentlessly and leaving it a bold bloody crimson.

       When she tried to open her mouth, only a mere mumble uttered out.

       She was dead frozen.

       Footsteps creeped closer, the sickly sound of the soles sticking and pulling apart from the floor sent a shiver down her spine.

       Y/N opened her mouth again—"Wh..."