Chapter 1

Pandora was running. She didn't even know why she was running until she heard rapid footsteps running after her. She winced as she felt a large amount of weight on her back and felt nails as sharp as razors dig into her shoulder blades. She yelped as she lost balance and fell face-first into the dirt.

As she turned her head, she saw a large black leopard with the most piercing maroon eyes. It opened its large maw and put its jaws around her neck. Just as it started applying pressure and as she closed her eyes to accept her fate..

Her body shot up in a cold sweat. Her eyes shot around to search her surroundings. She calmed down as she realized that she was in her bedroom and not in the woods with a huge black leopard trying to end her 19 year long life. Each breath she took was heavy, that dream felt way too real for her comfort.

The she-wolf looked around for her pet cats, Blake and Reina, only to find them under her vanity, purring and cuddling each other. Her face softened as she smiled at the fluffy felines. Blake's bright amber eyes opened and looked over at her owner, having heard but not seen the distress from her owner. Reina was still silently curled up against Blake, belly rising and falling with each breath the small cat took.

Pandora slowly lifted the blankets and slid off the bed, leaving the warmth and comfort it brought. She went into the small bathroom attached to her bedroom, taking a quick look at herself in the mirror. She looked like a mess. Messy black locks falling over her shoulders with a few strands standing straight up, bags under her greenish-silver eyes, her dark tank top turned backwards, and her shorts ridden up a little less than comfortable.

The young woman sighed, putting her hands on the marble counters before looking down into the sink. There were a few measly droplets of blood. Normally, she could barely handle the sight of blood but this time? She was unfazed, staring down at the blood with dull eyes. She couldn't remember, no matter how hard she tried, where the blood came from. It was confusing her more than normal. She bit her lip before looking back up at herself, trying to blink away the sleep.

Her body tensed as she heard a soft knocking sound on her door. Who could that be? As she thought about it, the only people that would be knocking on her door at this time could be her dad or her brother. She softly walked over toward the door, wrapping her fingers around the knob and slowly turned it.

As the door was pulled open, she looked up and, as expected, saw her brother, Kai Lynn. Kai had recently returned from a boarding school all the way in Othya, Sadros. Her eyes became more lively and bright as she gave him a small smile, "Welcome home brother."

Kai nodded, "Thank you, shorty."

Pandora grinned at the nickname, she hadn't heard any of her siblings call her that in a while due to the fact that Kai had been gone for almost four years and her other two siblings were married off almost as soon as they were 18.

"I'm not short, you're just tall"

"Yea right"

"I'm serious! You're 6'2! I'm average height" She huffed, crossing her arms.

"Yea yea, no need to tell me I'm beautiful and tall. I already knew this" Kai stuck his tongue out, placing his finger on her forehead and grinning playfully. She smiled at his behavior.

"Still acting like a child"

"Wha- Shut up! We don't speak of that!"

"Pff- Still denying it!" She giggled before sighing, "Wanna come in and talk?"

She had invited him in which surprised him but he still agreed, walking inside and taking off his shoes. At least he had respect for her carpet. He acknowledged that she was in between being a germaphobe and a normal person that didn't like germs but wasn't obsessed with cleanliness.

Kai sat on the chair near the window and looked at his twin sister, "So why are you up so late? By the way, you look like a mess"

"I know. But, the answer to that question is that I had a nightmare. It was.. Weird"

"Huh..? How weird? Like. Weird as in our father getting pegged weird or weird as in a clown dressed in hot pink and feasting on human organs weird?"

Pandora blinked, "Weird as in 'I think I'm gonna die in this dream' weird"

"Ah," he nodded, "Makes sense. Wanna tell me about it?"

"No.. I'm fine. It was probably just my brain deciding it hates me and making me dream of scary things."

"Ah ok. Tell me about it small fry"

"I'm not- Ugh you're insufferable you know that?!" She sounded annoyed but was grinning like an idiot.

"Have you ever thought of being an actor? Because you're two-faced."

Pandora gave him a blank stare before slapping him on the back of the head, "when will you learn what shutting the hell up is?"

Kai faked looking offended, putting his hand to his chest and feigning shock, "You wound me dear sister," and fell back dramatically on the bed.

The girl in question yawned, "You gonna go to your room now? It is," She checked the time, "2:30 in the morning."

"Aww fine." Kai got up and walked towards the door, "Night shorty."

"Night tall one." With that, Kai left the room, closing the door behind him.

Pandora fell back onto the bed and sighed. She stared at the ceiling, scanning over every mark and flaw she could see. Her eyes dulled slowly as she remembered the dream- no, nightmare, she had just a few minutes beforehand. Her gaze drifted around her perfectly organized room.

Rows and rows of books lined the walls, a half-full laundry hamper sitting next to the bathroom door, plenty of toys for the cats, a dresser, multiple posters lining the walls, and a bunch of art supplies. The floor was practically spotless due to her habit of stress cleaning. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, getting rid of the remnants of drowsiness.

The Zakkey sighed, sitting up and heading towards the bathroom, the soft pitter-patter of her feet catching the attention of her cats. She closed the door, looking at the shower before sniffing herself. She gagged at the smell of sweat, tears, and even blood. She almost instantly stripped herself of the sweat soaked clothing and stepped into the shower, turning it on and waiting for it to warm up.

After ridding herself of the terrible scent and washing her hair of all the dirt and dirty lake water, she stepped out of the shower and rung her hair out before going into her bedroom once again. The air was cool against her skin as she quietly walked toward her dresser, pulling out a new set of night clothes. What a long night.