Chapter 3: Solos

(Above is the song that Cooper dances to)

That monday, it was the start of another week at the Abby Lee Dance Company.

"Let's begin by talking about Starbound competition, can we have a round of applause?" Abby said as everybody applauded, before looking to Brooke. "All right, Brooke, you blew them away. The people sitting around me were amazed when you did the handstand twist, but why the drama about the hip? If you're seriously injured, you come to me instead of your mother and getting everybody worked up. Cooper always came to me first when he was hurt and that needs to be clear, got it?"

Brooke nodded.

"For this week, we'll be going to OnStage NY in Miami, Florida, which is across from here in Miami Beach." Abby announced as everybody grinned, then she turned the chalkboard around and on the top row was Brooke, In the middle was Cooper, Maddie and Chloe and on the lower row was Nia, Paige, Mackenzie and Brookie as Kelly was smiling seeing her older daughter on the top of the pyramid. "Do you see there is somebody new at the top? Brooke, you're here because of your performance by dancing through an injury, did what you had to do and you were a team player. You'll be getting a solo this weekend. Also, Cooper, Chloe, Maddie, you're also getting solos this weekend as well. For the lower row, what am i going to do with you four? "You have to step it up, get your behinds back into class and tune your technique. Since we'll be competing in Miami, every single one of you will be given solos. Moms, it's going to be a busy week and i expect them to be amazing. Let's do it, everybody."

Cooper and the girls got up as Melissa, Christi, Holly, Kelly and Hollie exited and headed upstairs to the observation room. Maddie would be doing two solos, a previous one she did weeks ago named Cry and the other was a new tap routine named A Capella. Maddie wasn't the only one doing two solos, Cooper was doing two solos as well one was named Beat It, based off of the song by Michael Jackson and the other was named Groovin', based off of the song by the Young Rascals, the one he would be dancing to was the version covered by a band called WAR, who is known for their hits like Cisco Kid, Galaxy, Spill the Wine and Low Rider. Brookie had a solo named Classic as rehearsals went on for the day.

(Cooper's Costume for Beat It: Red zippered jacket, black slacks with a white stripe on the sides, black crewneck shirt and loafers.)

(Cooper's Costume for Groovin': Bell Bottom Pants, Polyester Shirt and waist sash with sunglasses, necklace and headband)

(Brookie's costume for Classic: Dress bodice with rainbow sequin [ao;;ette mesh over 4-way stretch shiny spandex, power mesh neckline and cap sleeves, cutout in back with g-hook closure, attached belt with sparkle buckle, tiered setetch finge skirt over attached shorts with a glitter bow hair clip.)

The next day, in the Dancer's Den, Melissa not only watched Maddie's second solo rehearsal, but she watched some of Cooper's solo rehearsals and she snickered as the other moms looked at her like she had gone crazy and the girls looked on.

"I'll look for something." Melissa said, changing the subject before leaving the Dancer's Den.

"Do you know that Maddie and Cooper are doing two solos?" Christi informed.

"No, i didn't." Kelly commented.

"I overheard Melissa and Abby talking about the competition and they mentioned that Maddie and Cooper are doing two solos this weekend and it's obvious that they probably went to lunch and planned it." Christi grumbled, feeling that none of the other girls would have a chance of winning against Maddie and Cooper. "I can't get rehearsal time for at least one."

"I haven't heard my kid's music yet." Kelly griped as well. "How do you practice a dance without music?"

"Melissa's in charge of the music, to me that's ironic. She always finds a way to get an edge."