Chapter 1

"I really can't wrap my head around this. This place is basically everything to us, don't you remember Ali? Why aren't you trying to stay? Ali!" My younger brother Carter whined.

"Carter, don't you think I've tried? There's nothing I can do now." I sighed.

"This place is like, the last like thing we have of Dad." He worried.

"Carter, that isn't true at all. Dad literally gave you his watch. I have his cross necklace, he gave us so much." I interrupted him.

"Ali! That's not what I meant. Don't you remember all the memories we have here with him?" He remembered.

"Carter, I'll miss this place too. This place is full of memoirs, I hate to leave it as well. But you're only 12. You have so many more to come, once we move out there. The house is super lovely too. It's Summer, we can't waste it." I reassured him. We walked down the stair case one last time as I saw mom and Jack waiting at the front door.

"You guys ready?" Jack asked.

I looked over at Carter, and waited for him to nod his head with me.

"Yeah, we're ready." I assured.

"Can we just- but- okay. I'm ready." He exhaled a large breath. My mom wrapped her arm around his shoulder as she walked him out of the door.

"Our plane leaves in 2 hours." Jack reminded us, as the taxi drove us to the airport.

"Then why couldn't we stay at our house for a bit longer?" Carter started nagging again. I looked over the my mom, was was sitting on the right side in the back seat, as I was on the left, which meant Carter sat in the middle, and Jack in the front.

"Carter...." My mom mumbled.

"Carter, you're going to love living in the states! And the house is huge, trust me." Jack insisted.

"Of course I will." He snarled sarcasticly. I placed my brown hair into a pony tail so I'd have my hair out of my face, and I'd be comfortable on the plane.

"Jack, do you Mind telling me about the house?" I politely asked.

"That's the positive attitude I'm looking for! And yes Ali, I will!" He grinned from the front seat.

"Okay, so, there's 5 bedroom, and 3 bathrooms. That's more then plenty for each of us, so we could always have a friend or relative stay over. Anyways, you know what the outside looks like. So, downstairs is the movie room, with the entertainment place. Oh, and the pool in the back is huge! Hot tub included, because the winters are the nicest. The bedrooms are also painted they way both of you wanted. Oh, and Carter, the entertainment has all your consoles set up, along with antique little packman game consoles."

"That's sounds so cool! I really think it's going to be nice!" I excitedly jumped in the back.

"It is, oh it is Ali." He laughed.

My name is Ali Smith, and I'm guessing you can tell I'm moving. I was born and raised, or, raised until now, in Toronto, Canada. I'm 15 years old now. My father passed away 3 years ago after getting into a car accident, Although I was only 12, I was very close to my father. One year after this unfortunate event, my mother found a nice guy named Jack. Personally I found it too soon, but two years later, which is now, they're happily engaged, and here we are moving to Chicago for Jack's amazing, successful job. Soon enough I looked at my window and realized we had arrived at the airport.

"Oh how nice, we're here!" My mom chirped.

"We can go through security and everything, also grab a bite to eat, and by then we'd have 30 minutes till our planes leaves! Thank you for the ride!" Jack thanked the taxi driver.

"Thank you! Have a nice day!" I thanked him as well.

"Carter, I'm going to buy myself a bagel and some water, come with me to buy some food." I offered my brother. We both got bagels, and he also got some chocolate milk.

"Plane number 205. Your flight is due to leave in 15 minutes. Please make sure you have gone through security." An announcement went off. I soon found my mother and Jack and we boarded our plane.

"Goodbye Toronto." I sighed heavily as I hugged my brother.

"Goodbye forever. I don't want to leave." He mumbled.

"Carter, this isn't forever. We'll come back." I assured him, and laughed.

"You know what I mean." He slugged himself onto the plane. I sat beside the window. I have a great view. I couldn't dose off, but it's not as if I wanted to. I wanted to see the view, and watch everything I was passing by. I'm excited. I'm really excited for this new house, and new lifestyle.