Prolouge

Elizabeth P.O.V

After a long talk with the cheer coach about the lack of teamwork we decided on a group project for the school. Me and Coach Ashley are going to present the idea tomorrow to the squad.
I'm the captain of the squad and it's my job to keep to keep the team together.

Trevor P.O.V

I sometimes don't want my shift to end because I dread going home. My dad is always drunk and he decides I look like a good punching bag. He became a alcoholic after mom died in an airplane crash. She was on her way to France for a chance to get noticed.
Mom was an artist looking to get discovered. But dad on the other hand is struggling to keep a decent job, so I have to pay my dues.
I work at Chick-fil-a everyday after practice. It's only part-time because of practice and school but it keeps me away from home.
I've always tried to keep my home life a secret because I don't want to be treated differently because there isn't anything I can do. He's also the only family I've got, even if he doesn't treat me like it.
I have a younger brother but he doesn't know what dad does. He waits everyday after school while I'm at practice and work, and when we get home I keep him in my room. I make sure he is safe. No matter what it takes.

Riley P.O.V.

It's my parents' fault. It always is. This is my third move this school year! I'm a senior and I can't wait to be on my own when I go to college!
My parents are CRAZY!!! My poor brother just turned 7. He has to stay with the maniacs 11 more years. He has begged me to take him with me when I leave, but there is nothing I can do.

Clay P.O.V.

I live in a family of 7. My mom, dad, my two older brothers, and my two younger sisters. I love my sisters so much I'd do anything for them. My brothers are on their own in the real world. (Ain't it Fun reference)
Chloe is the older of the sisters. She's 14 and just got her first boyfriend. He breaks her heart, I'll break his face without a second thought. I love her so much I couldn't bear to see her hurt over some guy.
Abby is 10. She is the cutest little fourth grader you've ever seen, with bright eyes and curly, blonde hair. She giggles at everything and she is a sucker for any animal. I swear she's gonna grow up to be a veterinarian.

Gracie P.O.V.

I've spent the past two hours perfecting my flute performance for the recital. I'm so nervous and can't wait!
Recently it's been hard to read the notes. I may need to get my eyes checked. They get worse every time I go. I don't think I'll ever be able to get stable enough to have the lasik eye surgery to fix my eyesight.
The only reason I can't concentrate is because my 13 year old sister thinks she's the next Taylor Swift and won't shut her mouth.

Cody P.O.V.

Just got my French grade back that I studied all night for, and I'm not happy! Who deserves a 94 when you knew everything like the back of your hand! All I can think about is the academic scholarship that I have to get!
To get my mind off things I went kick a few balls. I've played soccer since I could walk. It just came naturally. My brother is more of a basketball player so I can't practice with him. Let me tell you, he couldn't kick a ball in the goal to save his life.

Claire P.O.V.

I can't pick an outfit for school tomorrow! Tomorrow's Friday and I have NO clothes. I basically have a mini for a closet but it's never enough.
Also after school I have a date. It's a blind date. My friend set us up. Elizabeth is like a sister to me. We've been through everything together, so I'm really trusting her with this.

Jacob P.O.V

Swim practice takes forever. I'm one second away from state qualifying time. Coach is pushing extra hard. One second may not seem like much but in the swimmer world it's everything.
Swimming isn't a real popular sport but my whole school comes to the meets just to see me. I'm not cocky I just know I'm great.
I'm the only good butterflyer on the team. I'm awesome at every stroke but fly is defiantly my favorite/best.